We need your help – last chance for 2008!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Evening all

It's that time again – we're putting together the Ultimate Guide to New Technology 2009, the last in the series for this year, and I'm looking for your quotes and comments for inclusion in our regular feature in the front of the magazine, which will go on sale December 4th. So, now's your chance to tell us all – which products have really caught your attention in 2008, and which ones do you think will go on to massive success next year? And what's so special about them? Why did they stand out over their rivals?

I appreciate that a term like 'New Technology' is pretty broad, so let's try to clarity what we're about. A Blu-ray player counts: a CD player doesn't. A PVR is in: VHS, out. Of course, we're also covering digital music and media players, plus network music players, multiroom music systems, smart TVs, games consoles and iPod-friendly audio systems. 

For those that haven't seen this thread before, what I need are exciting quotes that really convey what impresses you about your investment. I want other readers to be inspired by your words, and for them to be better able to understand just what it is about your new kit that really floats your boat. The more interesting and insightful your comments, the more likely they are to appear in print. 

My own votes, for what it's worth (and in no particular order) are the Apple Touch 32GB, the iPhone, the Sooloos system (you've got to read about that in the next issue, it's SO cool) and established tech stalwarts like Apple TV, Sky+HD, Sonos, the PS3, the Zeppelin and my Denon's internet radio functionality. Oh, and also Blu-ray (great to see it finally getting sorted out) and the latest Pioneer Kuro (which is so good that I've, er, bought one. Another one. Don't tell anyone).

So folks, the floor is yours. Tell us about your favourite new tech and about why you love it: I look forward to printing your best efforts in the next magazine.  

A

Anonymous

I'm not sure how relevant this is but I'd like to put a shout out for the Thecus N5200. It sits in my cupboard working tirelessly to provide me with streamed content to either my computer or TV day and night. Add to that protection against drive failure and being able to access my data from any internet connection in the world, I believe it is a truly remarkable device.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Needless to say that I am a 2 chanels only man but will be watching this thread to see what're trendy at the moment. C'mon guys....help Mr. C out
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

From my very little expertise...what impressed me most this year is the Cambridge Audio DacMagic. It made a huge difference to my low end system. But there's plenty of space for improvement, such as more lines in and remote control

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Right, let's see if I can make it a clean sweep....

"The ability to wirelessly stream thousands of top-quality tracks from my Mac to my hi-fi has breathed new life into my system - and helped me rediscover some forgetten musical favourites"

Simon Lucas

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
How about "recent technological advances have led me to own a room full of electronics that are more intelligent than I am. Thanks to the tireless efforts of manufacturers, I get bossed around by my own PVR and my fridge orders milk behind my back"?

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
With the recent addition of all the applications, my iPod Touch is now a phenomenally useful tool in my pocket. From keeping track of friends' birthdays, to keeping a tab on my golf handicap, to finding my way about town when I'm lost, there is an application on it for everything. At home, I can use it as a remote control for my iTunes library which is streamed around my flat by Airport Express units, switching music on in one room and off in another as I move about with just a touch of the screen. It just makes my life that much easier - this for me is what new technology is all about.
(Oh, and it's an iPod as well!)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts