Watchmen blu ray for 14.99 on play.com

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

As above watchmen blu ray for 14.99 on play.com

A

Anonymous

Are WB titles still not region encoded? because my American copy of Blade Runner on Blu Ray works fine on my UK player. If they aren't region encoded I'm getting an American copy!

Phil

A

Anonymous

Yes the US Watchmen Director's cut is region free and can be bought for less than £17 including delivery. That's the way I'm going.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
daveywavey18:Yes the US Watchmen Director's cut is region free and can be bought for less than £17 including delivery. That's the way I'm going.

What happens if customs intercept it?

A

Anonymous

Where do you guys get your US BDs from, i used too use playusa but they started sending the canadian french/english release out so stopped using them.

A

Anonymous

Customs don't yet have dogs that can sniff out discs by region code.

Seriously, though, customs are only interested in money. It isn't illegal to own region US discs. It is illegal to import goods to the UK and not pay VAT (unless ordering from within EU when you have NO tax issues at all).
As your disc costs peanuts, it is below the level where the VAT guys get interested. Order a blu ray player from the US and then they might! Not that you would, but you get the e.g.

A

Anonymous

Villain2100:Where do you guys get your US BDs from, i used too use playusa but they started sending the canadian french/english release out so stopped using them.

I use Amazon.com and so far so good, no problems at all.

D

Deleted member 2457

hi

Amazon.com will definetely get you on the customs and they charge a lot the last one I got was HD DVD planet earth and they charged £8.00 on customs. So i could of got it for just as much in this country. Never imported again never will.

Play.com 17.99 now for watchmen blu ray hope you got your pre-orders in.

A

Anonymous

£8??

VAT is only 15%. Although they will charge you fee to deal. Delivery agents, who the forward the parcel on from HMRC, can then add their fee.

How much was your box set? I have had loads of stuff and never had an issue. It depends on the marked value of the item. Under £18 is no issue!

http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsPortalWebApp/channelsPortalWebApp.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=pageVAT_ShowContent&id=HMCE_CL_001454&propertyType=document

Full details on here.

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
I have been importing DVDs for years direct from the states and personally would strongly advise on not using Amazon.com as you will allways get hit with customs charges and IMHO their shipping rates are way OTT.

Other issues to consider when ordering direct for the US is that if your package is stopped by Customs and Excise they will open it to see what is inside and this is where they may confiscate any material they deam unfit for the UK. Generally speaking this is usually only applied to adult material but they are know to also do so if they know the version of the movie you are importing is not the same as the version that was submitted to the BBFC here as alot of US DVD/BD carries no rating from the MPAA.

A safe bet if wishing to order US BD/DVD software without any risk of customs charges or loosing you BD/DVD is MOVIETYME I have used them numerious times and they are very good and also state clearly if a BD is regionally coded or not.

A

Anonymous

I got the region 1 Die Hard Trilogy (£40?) from Play.Com many moons ago and that's the only time I've been charged by customs. I tend to think that if an item is over £20 there's a chance you'll get charged. I only paid the asking price for north American Blade Runner a few months ago (again from play) with no extra charge,m but that might be luck of the draw.

Jamboman

Jul 27, 2007
Visit site
I got my blu-ray copy of the Watchmen (Directors Cut) a couple of weeks ago from www.dvdworldusa.com. I paid the advance price of about £22 which meant it was sent before the US release date. Works fine on my PS3.

A

Anonymous

Hi,

Don't know about the comic yet, as my US version from Movietyme should arrive by this weekend. It is 20+ minutes longer though and reportedly tells the story a little clearer.

Cheers

shado

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
Personally, I was that not too impressed by this movie considering the hype having seen it yesterday compared to the latest star trek offering. Now I have some of the author comics being the League of Extradordinary Gentlemen including the Mars invasion version I know how dark and his sexual stereotype orientation is and I can only class it as a disappointing tx to Movie.

Hancock - v good

The newer Hulk - good

Iron Man - good

Fantastic four / X men - v good.

This is just being honest, Sin City & * Tracy fall into Watchmen category. DTS-HD Soundtrack was cracking through the Soudbar again I had to turn it down - must be the pcm setting can deliver a credible sound through the Yamaha so again personally I am getting the goods courtesy of the hassle of 5 less speakers. At the end of the day this is not a great movie and I cannot wait to see the latest Harry Potter at the cinema next week, that I am sure will not disappoint.

kena

May 28, 2008
Visit site
shado:

Personally, I was that not too impressed by this movie considering the hype having seen it yesterday compared to the latest star trek offering. Now I have some of the author comics being the League of Extradordinary Gentlemen including the Mars invasion version I know how dark and his sexual stereotype orientation is and I can only class it as a disappointing tx to Movie.

Hancock - v good

The newer Hulk - good

Iron Man - good

Fantastic four / X men - v good.

This is just being honest, Sin City & * Tracy fall into Watchmen category. DTS-HD Soundtrack was cracking through the Soudbar again I had to turn it down - must be the pcm setting can deliver a credible sound through the Yamaha so again personally I am getting the goods courtesy of the hassle of 5 less speakers. At the end of the day this is not a great movie and I cannot wait to see the latest Harry Potter at the cinema next week, that I am sure will not disappoint.

Hi Shado,

I'm waiting for diretors cut from movietyme so not seen it yet, tho I took my son/friend to see Harry P last week and we were all a bit dissapointed, too slow/long and not enough action - Considering the reviews I thought I was at different movie.. Let us know what you think.Hope I don't put you off.

TRENDING THREADS