WALL MOUNTED SPEAKERS

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, I will buying a 50 inch pioneer and this will be wall mounted, but not sure what the distances the left and right speakers should be from the frame of the plasma. Can anyone help?

A

Anonymous

Hi, Messiah, not yet purchased the speakers,but looking at kef 5005.2 or mt 30s. Just trying to get things right before i buy.
Cheers

A

Anonymous

Iam i right to think that it doesnt matter what the distance is?

Sorreltiger

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
For the front speakers, the normal rules apply. ÿYou're aiming for a triangle, with the listener at the apex. ÿIf the speakers are too close together, you won't get much of a soundstage. ÿToo far apart and you'll create a hole, with the sound lacking cohesion and seeming unconnected with your screen. ÿThere's plenty of advice/diagrams online. ÿThe need to cater for more than one listening position would be a further complication, of course.

Andy Grange

Aug 2, 2007
Visit site
I'm pretty sure I've read that quite a few amps/receivers have a calibration system that calculates the placement of speakers and adjusts accordingly to provide a more balanced surround sound even if they're not in the ideal position.

If you look at the videocast here and look at 2:11 onwards, this may give you some help.

A

Anonymous

Hi Johnie,

I have been wondering about the same for a while and ÿfound this,ÿhttp://www.tannoy-speakers.com/products/117/Dimension.pdf. Fig.6 will give you enough guidance to position the speakers. Hope that this a help.

ÿ

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts