Wall mountable speakers?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have moved the hifi to my main lounge where it will get more use for both music and movies/tv. Only problem is that my beloved r3 speakers have had to be placed in front of a chimney breast and protrude into the room too much. Before i move it back to its previous position in the house and look for a home cinema with small speakers instead, would it be worth trying smaller standmount speakers which could be wall mounted (with or without a sub)? Would it be too much of a compromise (sound quality wise) to wall mount speakers which should be on stands?

Went to a local hifi shop who suggested i look into a sat/sub 2.1 system and reccommended arcam musos with a rel t5 (i think) sub, saying that he thought it would give a better sound than my r3's do. I'm not convinced of this but i suppose an audition is the only way to know for sure.

I think if i could find some very small standmounts that would work close to a back wall, i could get away with mounting them on stands and buy a small sub too. I'm thinking this might be the way to go but any thoughts on which way to go would be much appreciated.

A

Anonymous

Thanks. Looks like i could get away with either of these with regards to size, as long as they will perform well close to a rear wall. Could i get away with wall brackets or would there be a big improvement gained from using stands?

I'm keen on the idea of the atc's although the pmc's are a bit expensive unless i could pick up a second hand pair. I would probably prefer buying second hand anyway so any ideas of others are welcome.

A

Anonymous

Any suggestions for small standmount speakers that will work fairly close to a back wall? How about EB1's or something from epos? Would either of these fit the bill?

Gears of Law:
Thanks. Looks like i could get away with either of these with regards to size, as long as they will perform well close to a rear wall. Could i get away with wall brackets or would there be a big improvement gained from using stands?

I'm keen on the idea of the atc's although the pmc's are a bit expensive unless i could pick up a second hand pair. I would probably prefer buying second hand anyway so any ideas of others are welcome.

Hi Gears of Law

SCM7 monitors with their closed box designs and imortantly flat and honest presentation enables them to be placed closed to walls/tight spaces without the LF getting itself into a twist.

Btw, ATC also offer dedicated on wall versions of their SCM7 and SCM11 monitors

SCM-7S white/black £449 (each)

SCM-11S white/black £503 (each)

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

TRENDING THREADS