VSX-1018AH - upscaling

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hya all

im a newbee and am confused about a statement on this hardware.

i do not understand the statement no upscaling is available on this model. surely the dvd/blue ray unit does this and is not the function of the amp

A

Anonymous

cheers mate but is it an issue to be concerned about ?

what about the UK model ?

like i said the player does the upscaling doesnt it or am i reading something wrong?

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
I have just found this on the net.

"Video conversion works well & converts every format to every other except it will not convert HDMI. In other words your component inputs get converted to HDMI & composite video sources (single yellow RCA video jack) get converted to component & HDMI."

Hope this helps.

BTW if you google the model number most of the replies are for american models although it is available in the UK didn't see this initially, so sorry for that.

cwalduck

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
I think the original question has not been answered, scaling video in an AMP is used when the video output from the device being used can't scale to the TV's resolution e.g. a wii only outputs 480p I use the scaler in my onkyo amp to upscale the video because it does a better job than the TV's scaler.

I hope this helps.

Messiah

Italianstallionxx:
i do not understand the statement no upscaling is available on this model. surely the dvd/blue ray unit does this and is not the function of the amp

Do not worry about it. For a start your TV will scale everything to fit the screen.

It's just that at times an improvement can be gotten by letting something else (like an Amp or BD player) do the scaling and then sending this info to the screen.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts