VIRGIN SAMSUNG HD BOX PICTURE QUALITY ??

LOST

Nov 26, 2007
Visit site
Had virgin round today as my hd+ box kept crashing and making funny noises plus v+ stopped working so he replaced my old box (chunky box logic scientific or something like that!) with a slimmer samsung unit . i noticed the samsung has a lot less connections on the back compared to my old unit but im using hdmi so doesnt matter . since setting it up i noticed the picture quality isnt as good as the old box as in when you look at people standing there talking the picture seems to be moving about when you focus on there shirt or similar , hard to explain but its like the pixels are moving about similar to an old tele where its not tuned in but no where as bad ! the box is set to 720p same as old set , but ive noticed there is an adapter screwed in between the box and ariel lead which wasnt there before as he had trouble pulling a signal into the new box at first ?

Im using this box with a pana 42pz plasma 1080p and im using chord hdmi cables (grey lead with red ends) so nothing changed there just the box ! anyone else had any picture issues with the samsung box compared the the older unit ?

LOST

Nov 26, 2007
Visit site
Done a google search last night and found a few threads with people saying the same , since they have had the samsung the picture quality is worse then before and they want the older box refitted !!

I phoned virgin and they will send another engineer out to take a look but im just going to tell him i want the older scientfic atlantic box instead of the samsung and go from there .

If you are having probs or are signing up i suggest you ask to keep or ask for the sa box as the picture is much better/smoother , but if you have only ever had the samsung then you wont know any different.

A

Anonymous

I must just be lucky, as I have had no problems with my new box.

I had the old sa one, and it kept crashing so they came out and replaced with the samsung one.

No picture problems to report.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts