Virgin On-Demand content: Grrrrrr.....

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Putting aside the pathetic paucity of HD programming on their on-demand service, Virgin have made an appalling faux pas with the service. Having series on there is great. But what's the point of 3 episodes? Even worse, what's the point of 12 out of 13 eps? The real purpose of the on-demand (and the real thing that differentiates it from Sky's attempt) is to get access to complete seasons of shows for a set time. It's great to be able to sit down and watch a bunch of episodes at one's leisure; just like reading a good book. Just throwing in a few eps is DEEPLY IRRITATING. And self-defeating.
Andy - have you spoken to Virgin about this? Did they give you a reason? Can't see one myself - except if customer dissatisfaction is high on their agenda...

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Casca, must admit I haven't spoken to them about this, but can understand your frustration. I'll bring it up next time I talk to them.

A

Anonymous

Cheers, Andy.
Just had one idea why it might be. Perhaps the Studios (and we all know how difficult Warners are to deal with) just see an on-demand outing as a promotion for box set DVD sales? You know... the heroin thing. Get 'em hooked early on, and they'll keep on coming. Go out and buy the box set(s). Bad logic to me, but I've never been able to fathom StudioThink in my 25 years in the business.
Actually, Virgin have 3 eps of an interesting show called BIG LOVE (in HD, actually....) but as far as I can see it's not available on DVD in the UK. So "WHY???"
Just ranting now..... bye

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts