Vienna Acoustics Bach - vs the usual small floorstanders...

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've see these advertised locally for < $600 ( 360 GBP) Vienna Acoustics Bach "Small footprint floor standing speaker. Features a 7" woofer and 1" tweeter. Maple finish. 90dB efficiency"

I guess if they don't work any better than my CDM1s in my room (lumpy bass) I can always sell on since it's a great price. Time to buy or get off the pot?

Yes I can listen to them first luckily vs. CMD7 NT (tiwce the price, and a v. familar sound to me, but maybe will work better for my room) and an old pair of Proac Response 2 (strangely, where did the bass go?).

Neon.

A

Anonymous

Here's a review from a French magazine: http://www.a-m-s.eu/documents/tests/BE%20-%20BACH%20-%20SI.pdf.

I've heard other Vienna Acoustics speakers, they're good - where (as in what country) did you find them at that price?

A

Anonymous

I'm in Portland, OR, USA -- it's Lunchtime so I might get a listen in!

My first post was supposed to be more of a question than a statement - hoping to elicit replies from people who might know what they sound like - reviews seem to indicate laidback - but I'll see, I think I maybe looking for something more punchy.

A

Anonymous

Don't know whether punchy is the word I'd use for Vienna Acoustics, more truthful . Heard them with Naim gear, and they went pretty well together, but they are more on the Sonus Faber side of things, rather than the monitor audio. Very musical, but if you want slam, then I'd look somewhere else.

A

Anonymous

Yep, had a quick listen, definitely laid-back, you certainly won't fatigue. I tried playing some Flaming Lips, but I think they are too Bass shy also. In future with more time I'll definitely take my current speakers along to be able to compare to.

Maybe my fix is to get a Sub, with the intent of setting the cross-over frequency high enough to control the Bass from my CDM1s which I love for everything else - that'll give me the option to move the sub around until I've fixed the room nodes. Due to the layout my couch is a third of the way into the room as opposed to being against the wall (not possible).

N.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts