Video adverts starting half through reading a post

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Is this a new feature on this site? It keeps opening a video advert when I read a thread and on the main website when reading in a new article.

I'm using an iPad, how do you stop this happening because this forum is becoming nearly impossible to use what with all the jumping around as well!

D

Deleted member 2457

Series1boy said:
Is this a new feature on this site? It keeps opening a video advert when I read a thread and on the main website when reading in a new article.

I'm using an iPad, how do you stop this happening because this forum is becoming nearly impossible to use what with all the jumping around as well!
yep, I am getting this too and on this thread!

Xanderzdad

Jun 25, 2008
Visit site
Although I understand the isuue of revenue for websites I am using an adblocker selectively on the more obnoxious sites such as this one,

Hopefully they will realise that more discrete adverts actually attract a better audience.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

I'm using an adblocker too, otherwise I'd be going insane.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
I am getting these irritating '#MinistryAudio' videos as well. (On an iPad Mini.)

Right now I want to play my own choice of music and read this site, NOT be forced to look at stupid, intrusive, video adverts that do nothing but make me want to leave until it's fixed.

(A lot of potential new members, or casual browsers, will just leave without bothering to wait for a fix and they will never come back.)

Interesting that Ministry of Sound Audio's own website doesn't make the same (Paris) video 'compulsory' whereas you do!

http://www.ministryofsound.com/audio#iWVXCTRE2zPl02sb.97

And if you had no control over this, then who does control your website?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Still getting MinistryAudio video ads on iPad Mini.

Do you know what? I still don't want to buy their gear. I don't think anyone is going to say to themselves ...

"Hey What Hifi? That's a really impressively intrusive and rude style of advertising, kudos to you and Ministry Of Sound, I will reward you both with a purchase."

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
So it's just taken a little over 50sec between clicking the 'reply' button and the site letting me type this.

There are still video ads appearing at random in the middle of threads on a variety of browsers – including in the middle of gel's reply above saying he's still getting the videos!

Genuine users are blocked by the same spam filter that's letting obvious spam posts through.

And damn still up down time page

the thing's jumping and every the reloads

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
To be fair to Andy and other WHF staff, it's very clear from how long it takes for things to happen round here that they're not the people who make changes or even decide the policy, all he/they can do is report it up the line.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts