valve system

grayfair0

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
hi all, i had to sell off all of my system about a year ago because of debt. it was a valve system consisting of.....

musical fidelity nuvista 3d cd player

yaqin mc100b tube amp

quad 12L2 speakers

chord odyssey 2 speaker cable

chord anthem 2 interconnects

the sound was pretty amazing and it was my very 1st tube system

i`m currently putting together another system thats going to take a while to put together. i managed to get a mingda mc7r pre amplifier very cheap brand new and the rest of the system is going to be.....

mingda 3008a monoblocks

quad 22L2 speakers

chord epic speaker cables

i have the speaker cables and interconnects and have my eye on a pair of quad speakers as i speak. i`ll be able to afford the monoblocks and cd player in a couple of months time. i`m really excited about building a new system especially as high end as this one! the pre and power amps will be getting some work done on them too that wont cost the earth as a very cost effective upgrade. i think i`m addicted to the tube sound now lol

hoopsontoast

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
grayfair0 said:
hi all, i had to sell off all of my system about a year ago because of debt. it was a valve system consisting of.....

yaqin mc100b tube amp

quad 12L2 speakers

chord odyssey 2 speaker cable

the sound was pretty amazing and it was my very 1st tube system

i`m currently putting together another system thats going to take a while to put together. i managed to get a mingda mc7r pre amplifier very cheap brand new and the rest of the system is going to be.....

mingda 3008a monoblocks

quad 22L2 speakers

chord epic speaker cables

i have the speaker cables and interconnects and have my eye on a pair of quad speakers as i speak. i`ll be able to afford the monoblocks and cd player in a couple of months time. i`m really excited about building a new system especially as high end as this one! the pre and power amps will be getting some work done on them too that wont cost the earth as a very cost effective upgrade. i think i`m addicted to the tube sound now lol

Nice, I had the Icon Audio LA3 which is as far as I can remember, basically the same as the Mk1 Ming Da MC7R, they were made in the same factory at the same time I think. It was a cracking bit of kit, my first foray into what a decent preamp can do alongside valve power amps.

grayfair0

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
funny enough i did read somewhere that mingda hifi was based on icon audio hifi and icon audio hifi has an extremely good reputation! i`ve read soooo much good about the mc7r pre amp and how with minor work done can unleash it`s full potential. also the mingda 3008a monoblocks can be turned into something world class with just a little work done. there`s a detailed article about this on the lampizator website.

i loved the musical fidelity nuvista cd player. it sounded amazing! listening to a tube set up is like nothing i`ve ever heard before. everything is more open with texture thrown in for good measure and the holographic soundstage is very very freaky in a very very good way! give me a lottery win and i`ll get it all tomorrow lol. roll on 2 or 3 months time!!! lol

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts