Using PV1 or similar for Hi-Fi set up in 2.1 anyone??????

BigColz

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
I currently have a Cyrus pre / power setup. If I were to do a sub setup for (some) music and Movies in 2.1 i've always heard it's best to use the speaker terminals on HF to get best integration for music?.. So the REAL question is if I bought a PV1 or similar that only has a line in for phono cable so would you use the line out on the amp? And what is the best cable? ie. interconnect/subwoofer cable?

Other reason I ask is i'm going to demo a MF M6i 2moz and if i go with them all their integrateds i'm looking at have only 1 set of speaker terminals so HF input couldn't be an option anyway..

Final question does anyone have a PV1 in a Hi-Fi setup and if so, how does it sound? Interested in it due to review and apparently very fast, goes low and with minimal overhang..

Cheers all :D

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
I think Big Chris on this forum uses a PV1 in 2.1 configuration for music. Have a look for his posts. He seems to be very happy with its performance, but I'm not sure how he has it attached.

My understanding is that you can still attach a sub even with only one set of speaker terminals on the amp. It may depend on the sub, but my I run speaker cable to my sub from the only set of terminals on my amp. My sub then has a second set of terminals for feeding the sound back out to my speakers. The sub also takes care of filtering out the lower frequencies and I can adjust the frequency cut-off point. e.g I think I have my speakers taking care of frequencies down to about 65Hz and my sub takes over from there.

I'm loving my 2.1 setup, even with a far cheaper sub (albeit a sealed design made for music rather than home cinema). It was surprisingly easy to integrate the sub and has given me a lot of control over the bass, which is great because I was having issues with bass behaviour in my small living room.
PreferencesPreferencesPreferences§1234567890-=BackspaceTabqwertyuiop[]Returncapslockasdfghjkl;'shift`zxcvbnm,./shiftEnglishDeutschEspañolFrançaisItalianoPortuguêsРусскийaltaltPreferences

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts