Using Multiple Outputs from CD Player?

Nico69

Dec 28, 2019
Visit site
Hi All,

I have a Marantz CD6007 player and love it. Had it a few weeks now. Currently connected to the Amp with Optical and a Co-ax cable. As accessibility to the back of the units is not great is there any harm in leaving more that one output connected? Say Co-ax; Optical and RCA all together? Only one will be used at any one time but will there be any detriment to SQ output? I might want to connect up the RCA output so I can compare the CD dac vs the Amp dac etc.

Reactions: hifi
I can’t see any problem. The outputs don’t need ‘loading’ like an old power amp might. And the sockets carry the same signals, but without any wire or optical attached.

All I’d take care of is the phono cables, as they are ‘male’ and might not like coming into contact with each other, or (say) the chassis of another device, or a metal stand/rack.

A few swanky CD players can disable the digital outputs for a tiny noise reduction, but you’ll know if yours can or not.

Hi All,

I have a Marantz CD6007 player and love it. Had it a few weeks now. Currently connected to the Amp with Optical and a Co-ax cable. As accessibility to the back of the units is not great is there any harm in leaving more that one output connected? Say Co-ax; Optical and RCA all together? Only one will be used at any one time but will there be any detriment to SQ output? I might want to connect up the RCA output so I can compare the CD dac vs the Amp dac etc.
I can see no reason you shouldn't have as many outputs as you like permanently connected.

Hi All,

No, won't cause any harm if all the connections are left connected.

Otherwise those who use a CD player or DVD as transport when a Dac is connected leave them plugged in to optical/coax

Reactions: Nico69

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts