Using Atacama Equinox hi-fi stands for LCD TV?

Dazmb

Aug 26, 2007
Visit site
Am I silly to think this is an option? I've been looking to avoid the (what seems to me) large expense of TV furniture. Now I already have 1 x 180mm model AE shelf (you know, the tripod one) which is 230mm from spikes to top. And my DVD player is sitting on that currently. I was working out the dimensions of the TV I want (Panny TX32-LX70) and It looks like adding one more AE 180mm shelf will work out ok in height, but my only concern is that the width of the TV which is 79CM will be too wide for the shelf to accomodate. It is only a tri-pod leg after all, but the Panny's TV stand width will fit ok I think, and the weight of the TV will be firmly in the midships area of the shelf. TV stability should be ok I think. Or am I mad to try this? It will be in a corner and so should not have any chance of being knocked off the side of the shelf (no kids around ;) ). The shelf can be bought at the minute for under £50. And utilising the one I already have will save me £100+ on a dedicated A/V stand. Any thoughts?

Dazmb

Aug 26, 2007
Visit site
Having got my new LCD telly (Sony 32" D3000) I can confirm that two stacked Atacama shelves at 18 CM do in fact make a fantastic LCD/DVD stand. It looks great and comes in at just the right height!

Give it a whirl. The stands can be had for £60 online/Ebay. Plus you get great audio benefits too.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts