User experiences from pm6004 owners

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All,

I'm a newbie here, and for a long time I have been looking for an affordable HiFi setup. The Marantz pm6004 got on my shortlist and since I found it with a 33% discount yesterday, I went for it.

I know that there are numerous threads here on matching the pm6004 with a pair of speakers, and they really helped me to put together a shortlist of speakers that I might try. At the same time, the threads that I found were mainly from people who heard the pm6004 somewhere else, or who were still in the process of finding the best match. So I would really love to hear the experience from those who have the pm6004 and have been using it for a while with a certain pair of speakers.

Maybe you can also comment on how you use your setup (size of living-room, style of music, do you also use it for movies/tv watching). Since run-in time of the speakers can complicate system matching, could you please also tell if you experienced improvement over time with your speakers? And what kind of sound do you like (e.g. lots of bass, neutral, loud or low volume, etc.)?

Thanks for any thoughts and info

GCE

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
My Mara 6004 drives these babies: II hand (like new) B&W 603 S2 -

attachment.php
attachment.php

a little better than my old . :? Quad 34+306 : big sound, more punch and no more protections problems.

I love: Rock, Jazz, Simphonic - I like: liquid mids and big bass - no bright sound, please.

For 30 sq meters: no more than 10 o'clock vol with CD.

attachment.php

Ketan Bharadia

Jun 7, 2007
Visit site
We've used the PM6004 for a couple of years now and found it to work well with Q Acoustics 2020is, Monitor Audio BX2s right up to the likes of KEF's Q300s and B&W 685s. The amp is really nicely balanced and (as you can see from the list) works well with most good price-compatible speakers. That's one of the main reasons it picked up our budget amplifier award last year

A

Anonymous

Thanks. As to sound, I have the same preference, as long as basses are not going to be "pounding". I already got the impression that it did well with B&W so it's good to get that confirmed.

Covenanter

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I have Kef Q500s and they perform excellently. My apartment is an open plan loft of about 1000 sq ft with all hard surfaces. I listen mainly to classical music. I don't use the speakers for film having a separate surround sound system.

Chris

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts