usb on front of amplifier can it be for CD output in? thanks

IAN G

Dec 10, 2020
Visit site
Yeah, Thanks, so that might mean i cannot play CD from a bog-standard player - nor thru the headphone socket as it is an output.
CD player HAS to be connected at the back? Possibly. I have heard of Male to Male connections - but that would still be on an output

IAN G

Dec 10, 2020
Visit site
I dont think so
thanks very much also.
Its just my old hifi collection is right against the wall and very heavy making it hard to connect and re-connect. i could put a little unit on top and not have the mechansim problems they all seem to eventually give troouble the sliding ones
Problem i wanted to solve was to use cheapo cd unit with lift up lid. Maybe an Apple one that plays, records and burns etc would be better at 80 quid.. still sliding maybe but better quality?

Gray

CD player HAS to be connected at the back?
Yes.
Couldn't you just leave a 1 metre lead plugged in at the back?
Then you would more easily be able to connect / disconnect a player.

Last edited:

nads

thanks very much also.
Its just my old hifi collection is right against the wall and very heavy making it hard to connect and re-connect. i could put a little unit on top and not have the mechansim problems they all seem to eventually give troouble the sliding ones
Problem i wanted to solve was to use cheapo cd unit with lift up lid. Maybe an Apple one that plays, records and burns etc would be better at 80 quid.. still sliding maybe but better quality?

Sounds like you are talking about a computer optical disc drive? Or a small portable “discsman” style player?
an ODD will not work as it needs software to operate it. Most portable units only have analogue outputs.

as above plug some cables into the rear and leave them so you can acces them.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts