USB for DAC

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
HI.. I WILL BE GETTING A CA DAC ON FRI,I HAVE SPENT THE LAST COUPLE OF DAYS LOOKING ON THE INTERNET FOR A USB CABLE TO GO FROM MY LAPTOP TO THE DAC THE ONLY ONES I CAN FIND ARE MORE OR LESS FOR PRINTERS ETC.....CAN ANYONE GIVE ME ADVICE ON A GOOD 5 METRE LENTH USB THATS DESIGNED FOR THE JOB...THANKS.....

A

Anonymous

Try the Wireworld Ultraviolet 5/2 USB cable. What hifi gave it 5 stars. The only snag is that it's difficult to find

idc

ALZI1969:..... THE ONLY ONES I CAN FIND ARE MORE OR LESS FOR PRINTERS ETC......

They are the same, USB A, the flat connector for the PC end and USB B, the more square end for the printer or DAC. That can also be a USB mini B, depending on the DAC.

ALZI1969:..... CAN ANYONE GIVE ME ADVICE ON A GOOD 5 METRE LENTH USB THATS DESIGNED FOR THE JOB...THANKS.....

If you have a well made 5 metre USB printer cable lying around, use it. I bought an Oehlbach USB off Amazon and can't say I heard any difference from the too short printer USB I used at first. My thoughts on the issue are; find a well made cable with a good tight connector and it will do as good a job as a named brand, premium priced product.

davydmx

Apr 8, 2009
Visit site
I also recommend the Wireworld Ultraviolet usb cable. It's given me great SQ improvement(beyond my expectations) in my system. BUT, my 2 metre version cost £45(retail's actually £60). I've just checked the site i got mine from (hificables.co.uk), they've reduced 5 metre version to around £70. I'd say well worth your while, if you get results similar to mine!

By the way, i used to use a half decent Ixos usb cable, bought from same site, the new cable blows it away...

idc

x2 prof. My stance now, because of the rise and rise of highly rated, far cheaper cables of all types available on ebay, is that well made is the key. I totally accept that this Wireworld cable sounds better, because What Hifi say so. But until I have money to burn I will stick with my unbranded out the box USB, which sounded no different to the Oehlbach and printer cables that preceeded it.

knacker

Dec 19, 2007
Visit site
I have just upgraded to the WW cable and it has improved the sound of my system. Has it improved it by said £60ish? Not sure yet tbh

My previous cable was a bog standard cable for 99p and it seemed ok at the time

A

Anonymous

THANKS FOR THE ADVICE GUYS...WENT AHEAD AND ORDERED THE WIRE WORLD USB....JUST ONE MORE QUESTION..WHAT WOULD BE THE BEST INPUT TO GO TO FOR MY INTERCONNECTS FROM THE DAC...

AMP IS A SONY STR-DR2400ES.... CHEERS...

A

Anonymous

emotion-2.gif
Order a new keyboard next, one with a caps key that works.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts