admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
if i have an upscaling tv,Panny G20, an upscaling BD player,Sony 360,are there any gains to be made by having an upscaling receiver?If not,what would be a good receiver/amp to buy in and around £300?Thanks folks.

scene

Which unit is best at upscaling is usually a matter of trial and error, or suck it and see... However, the Sony is a pretty good upscaler and it the convenience factor of setting it to output everything in 1080P may outweigh any slight improvement in upscaling you could get from the Panny or A.N.Other unnamed amplifier.

I agree with you and would sink your cash into a good amplifier, and not worry to much about its upscaling abilities. Having said this, the denon AVR1910 is a superb amp (WHFS&V best buy - click) and can be purchased for £299 from HiFix (FrankHarveyHiFi - I hope you're reading this!), which is a fantastic price! Put it this way, it won its award when it was £450. And, as an added bonus, it upscales as well, which is a bonus.

lobby

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Don't worry to much about upscaling, and the Denon is fantastic at that price, what speakers are you going to use.

Alternative to the Denon are the Onkyo 607, Yamaha with some cracking new models coming, , also Sony and Marantz.More important would be how many hdmi sockets you require, pre-outs, ipod connections, 3d ready etc.If your going for a decent sub/sat system then the Denon would be a great choice at that price.If specs are important then i would wait and see whats coming up.

A

Anonymous

I have the Denon,great amp.this query is for a mate,first steps into the world of home cinema,he has a Panny G20,Sony 360bd player + is getting a KEF speaker system and what £30/£45 hdmi cables would you recommend?thanks.

scene

What KEF system is he getting? An Egg-based 2005 one? In which case, the AVR1910 is a definite try-out - he could always borrow yours to try it out (and you could sell it to him to fund an upgrade...)

As for cables, personally I wouldn't spend that much on the HDMI cables, but would get ones from ThatCable.com for £4.79 (1m) or £4.99 (1.5m) delivered! They're a steal at that price, and the on I've got is great in my system - I'm thinking of getting a couple more. You could get a Chord Supershield, for £45-ish, if you wanted to, but I would try the ThatCable one first...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts