upgrading speakers

Geoff

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
Hi to all on this forum,

I have a Marantz UD7007 universal player, Marantz PM6003 amp and Denon S-CM37 speakers on stands. The speakers are left over from the Denon M37 that i used to have. Although they are okay i would prefer a set of speakers that give a better sound. My question is what speakers can the Marantz amp drive, what are the limitations. Would it be worthwhile changing. The room they are in is about 13ft square and i listen to mainly orchestral, violin and piano music.

All replies wold be most appreciated.

Geoff.

If that room size isn't a type o error, then, I'd suggest some good headphones. It must be the size of a cupboard. I'm assuming it's 13 mtr square. Then I'd start looking at monitor audio bronze bx2,wharferdale diamond 220 or some q acoustics 3020, I'm pretty sure your marantz amp will drive any of these speakers quite comfortably and will sound more entertaining than the denon units you already have.

Geoff said:
Hi to all on this forum,

I have a Marantz UD7007 universal player, Marantz PM6003 amp and Denon S-CM37 speakers on stands. The speakers are left over from the Denon M37 that i used to have. Although they are okay i would prefer a set of speakers that give a better sound. My question is what speakers can the Marantz amp drive, what are the limitations. Would it be worthwhile changing. The room they are in is about 13ft square and i listen to mainly orchestral, violin and piano music.

All replies wold be most appreciated.

Geoff.

I'd question what you budget is for these speakers before replying in any detail.

Geoff

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

Thanks for the replies. Just to clarify, my lounge is 13ft long by 13ft wide.

I listened to the Wharfedale Diamond 220 and Q acoustics2020i speakers at Stamford HiFi recently. The Wharfedales had the edge, however i didnt feel they represented a big enough jump in sound quality to my Denons to warrant the expenditure. Having said that i'm quite happy to spend in the region of £500 for speakers, if there is obvious improvement in performance.

Ilok forward to your thoughts.

Geoff.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I'd say the speakers suitable for the PM6005 are pretty much within the budget you've stated.

I'd take a look at the Dali Zensor 3, Q Acoustics Concept 20, KEF Q300, Monitor Audio Silver 1, and the Quad S1. I'm sure you'll find one of those a good step up from the Denons. Do hear them with a PM6005 to make sure what you are listening to is representative of what you're going to get.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts