Upgrade Question - Blu Ray Player and TV

Mickgw

Feb 26, 2008
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

I'm thinking of upgrading my system, i've been looking at the Sony KDL40W4500 simply because the reviews have been awesome, i currently use my PS3 for Blu Ray content but while i'm changing my set i feel that i'm not going to do the new Sony justice with the PS3. Andrew advised me that with a 37 inch set i would probably not see a noticable difference by upgrading to a premium Blu Ray player and that the PS3 was adequate, so i followed his advice.

However while i'm changing to the Sony would this still be the case? the player i'm going to get is the Pioneer BDP LX08, which i assume is the same spec as the the LX71 just slimmer, also will the upgrade of the PS3 improve the sound?, i do have a PIoneer LX01 which is fantastic but i feel that there is more to come from HD sound.

Please can you help it would be a big help.

Thanks,

Mike Worrall

A

Anonymous

Your PS3 will reap great rewards with the Sony KDL40W4500...In my opinion of you were looking at anything over 42ins then I would say go for something like the Pioneer you have in mind. I'm using my sons PS3 , having now given my old DENON DVD 1940 to my dad, because quite simply its been delivering fantastic upscaled 720p DVD pictures and having seen From Russia With Love on Blu Ray via the PS3 and my 42ins Samsung Plasma I am now more than happy with the results...46ins and upwards...yes I would be looking at something better to fill up all those pixels...but up to 42ins the PS3 ticks all the right boxes especially since upgrading to version 2.50 firmware as it's now producing startling upscaled pictures from normal DVDs

Mickgw

Feb 26, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, will the PS3 deliver the same levels of sound quality compared to a premium blu ray player? also i think that reviews are quite misleading and dont really state that if your TV isn't over a certain size then you really dont need to bother upgrading from what you may already have. or if that has been mentioned i have'nt seen it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts