I currently have the following set-up:

Panasonic TX-37LZD70

Sony PS3

Sony MCH-S9D + Included Speakers

I am looking at upgrading to:

Onkyo TX-SR806

Kef 2005.2 (if i can find them cheap) or Jamo A102

QED Silver Anniversary speaker cable

I can only afford to upgrade a bit at a time and wanted advise on the best order.

Cables - Speakers - Amp

Cable - Amp -Speakers

Speaker - Cable - Amp

Speakers - Amp - Cable

Amp - Cable - Speakers

Amp - Speakers - Cable

Many Thanks

A

Anonymous

I am inclined to start at thw source and work down, so Amp, then in your case speakers (due to different cables suiting different speakers better.)

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
I would be inclined to upgrade the whole lot together and demo them so you know they all sound okay so my advice would be to keep saving until you can change it at the same time. I personally would look at better speakers with the 806 or go for a cheaper AV Receiver and better speakers.

I'm not familiar with your Sony system so don't know if a new amp would be compatible. Is it an all-in-one system? Check the impedence rating of the speakers too, if they're low impedence models i.e. 3ohm, I wouldn't use them with anything else. Also your sub might be a passive model and therefore unsuitable for use with an AV Receiver.

lobby

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Yes upgrading together would be the best solution, rather than taking the chance whether it would all sound correct. The kef 2005.2 where for sale for £199 at Richer Sounds, but deal has been taken off website so i guess their all sold out. Best deals on Kef 2005.3 are £495 at Exceptional av so thats a good deal and would suit either the 806 at £399 or the Denon 1909 at £299 from Richer sounds. The Jamo's are fine and would really only require something like the Sony DG-820 or Onkyo 576 maybe Denon 1909, but i would not spend anymore than £300 on amp for those.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts