Upgrade of speakers.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello, I currently own a pair of Mission M35i and I am thinking of upgrading.

I run the Missions with Harmon Kardon 980 Amplifier and 990 Cd player,

Music I listen to is Blues,Rock,Hip Hop.

I have a budget of about £650.

Thank you for any help.

Helmut80

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I am currently in the market for speakers in the £500-700 price range. I am looking for floorstanders that have plenty of bass, as I too enjoy hiphop very much, as well as funk, soul, blues, jazz and much more. Have been doing a fair bit of research, but have not listened to any of them yet, so others might discount some of them.

Acoustic Energy Aelite 3: £500+

Dali Concept 6: less than £400

Dali Concept 8: £635

Wharfedale Diamond 10.7: £600 roughly

Monitor Audio BX6: £585

Monitor Audio RX6: £750

B&W 684: £699

A

Anonymous

DM603 and 604 b&w love your music and bass. beware, as a lover of abi-shanti a lot of modern speakrs are not big on bass. 2nd hand subs are cheap and plentiful on ebay and will give you more option re getting the bass you want.

in a word, ebay. 2nd hand means more for less,

Helmut80

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Pedej0e:
DM603 and 604 b&w love your music and bass. beware, as a lover of abi-shanti a lot of modern speakrs are not big on bass. 2nd hand subs are cheap and plentiful on ebay and will give you more option re getting the bass you want.

in a word, ebay. 2nd hand means more for less,

I refuse to get s sub. There must be a pair of floorstanders out there that satisfies bass, as well as clarity. And not for five figures either.

T

the record spot

Q Acoustics 2050 (or the earlier 1050i if you can find them) - probably among the best of the sub-£500 floorstanders in the bass department. Good speakers too by all accounts!

A

Anonymous

I have heard the 2050's and they are great for base. The Aelite 3 are great for base too but add much more imho and are a bargain at £500. The 10.7's are also good but different and in my view are not worth the extra over the Aelite 3's. I am thinking of the 2050's or the Aelite's. erring towards the latter because fo the balance in te mid and upper ranges. They look great too.

eternaloptimist

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
I had the B&W 683s... bass definitely not lacking!! If you like bass and have an amp with decent power, they wouldn't disappoint. I actually found them too bass heavy but it might be what you are after - just a thought.

Helmut80

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
eternaloptimist:I had the B&W 683s... bass definitely not lacking!! If you like bass and have an amp with decent power, they wouldn't disappoint. I actually found them too bass heavy but it might be what you are after - just a thought.

I know that they are in a differnt league in terms of price, but how are the Audiovetor S3s? Seems to be hard to find out anything about them

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts