Upgrade nordost bh rca to nordost heimdall rca, difference?

Chr78

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys.

Im thinking about upgrading my nordost blue heaven rca cable to nordost heimdall rca. My system is arcam a29, arcam d33 dac and kef ls50. How much of a difference would this upgrade be?

Any thoughts?

Regards Christian

Covenanter

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
This could be fun.
teeth_smile.gif

Chris

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Sure, go for it. Let us know the results.

And try not to think about the better kit you could have gotten if you'd put that towards your budget for the amp or speakers.

Well looky here boys, it's another cable thread.

But seriously I cannot understand why you would think a £700 cable attached between a £700 DAC and a £1000 amp is really going to make a significant difference.

One of the most noticeable differences will be a hole in your bank balance.

Chr78

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Al ears said:

But seriously I cannot understand why you would think a £700 cable attached between a £700 DAC and a £1000 amp is really going to make a significant difference.

Im not thinking, just asking..

Chr78 said:
Al ears said:

Im not thinking, just asking..

'I'm thinking about upgrading....'

If just asking I would doubt anyone on this forum has an identical system to yours in an identical room that would be able to answer your question, is all I am saying.

I would propose that unless your current system is lacking in some respects then a cable replacement isn't going to perform miracles.

abacus

Chr78 said:
Hi guys.

Im thinking about upgrading my nordost blue heaven rca cable to nordost heimdall rca. My system is arcam a29, arcam d33 dac and kef ls50. How much of a difference would this upgrade be?

Any thoughts?

Regards Christian

None whatsoever.

Hope this helps

Bill

Chr78

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
£50- £100 at most £700 for a cable please do not waste your money its not worth it .

I would never pay 700 for a cable like that. I have a chance of purchasing it for around 180, maybe it could do something for my system.

Chr78 said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
£50- £100 at most £700 for a cable please do not waste your money its not worth it .

I would never pay 700 for a cable like that. I have a chance of purchasing it for around 180, maybe it could do something for my system.

If that's the case go ahead and buy it. If you don't feel it makes a difference you should easily be able to sell it on.

Mind you, at that price are you sure it's kosher? I was looking at the Heimdal 2 prices mind you.

lindsayt

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Chr79, stop and think about it. You're thinking of buying a £180 interconnect to go with your £1000 amplifier and your £800 speakers.

The cable in question is a thin silver plated copper cable. IE the manufacturing costs bear almost no resemblance to the selling costs.

If you must buy a silver plated copper interconnect buy an NVA one. One that bears a vague resemblance to the manufacturing costs.

On the other hand, if you can try the Heimdall in your system on a sale or return basis, go ahead and try it. But also at the same please invite me, or someone like me round. And I'll bring alternative amplification / speakers and you can make up your own mind as to whether your next move should be in cables or in an amp or speakers.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Half the forum will tell you it can't make a difference and the other half will tell you it can.

My advice is not to listen to anybody on here and just try it (provided you can return it). This is something that you have to decide on for yourself.

If it gives you an improvement that you can't get by spending the same money on something else, then go for it. If it doesn't, don't. Simples.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
The soudstage improved, highs were more sweetly rendered and the mids gave a more life like performance. The bass tightened up. 5 stars and a must upgrade to transform any budget amp into a krell

Andrewjvt said:
The soudstage improved, highs were more sweetly rendered and the mids gave a more life like performance. The bass tightened up. 5 stars and a must upgrade to transform any budget amp into a krell

Budget amp to Krell???? If it does that it's truly magical and I'm off to get one right now. :)

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I wouldn't just Limit the trial to one manufacturer product try a few you might find something else you prefer.

Don't ask the cost of any of them so that doesn't influence your decision

TRENDING THREADS