Upgrade Asus Xonar D2X & Logitech Z623 to NAD D 3045 & Audioengine HDP6 questions

hariskar

Sep 28, 2020
Visit site
I have some newbie questions:
I have a silent PC with Asus Xonar D2X soundcard and Logitech Z623 speakers and want to upgrade it. My os is linux.
I thought to substitute Logitech speakers with passive speakers, one pair of the following:
Audioengine HDP6
Klipsch RP-400M
Klipsch RP-500M (these are very good but too big for desktop speakers)
Elac Uni-Fi 2.0 Bookshelf Speakers
Elac Uni-Fi Slim Bookshelf Speakers BS U5
PSB Alpha P5

and amp NAD D 3045.

I would like to ask:
1. Do all these speakers combine well with this amp?
2. Would it be better to add a DAC or is it not necessary?
3. If it is not necessary, should I use the DAC of Xonar D2X or take the ditital output of Xonar D2X and use the DAC of NAD D 3045?
4. Could you please suggest a pair of the above (or other) speakers? I need them to listen to different kind of music mainly from tidal and will put them on my desk on the left and right of my PC screen. I think max height should be about 30cm.

Last edited:

Friesiansam

The Xonar D2X is primarily aimed at gamers. I would bypass the soundcard altogether and connect to the NAD using USB. If you are playing stored files, use a music player that supports the use of ASIO or WASAPI drivers, they bypass all Windows sound processing. Not all agree that makes any difference but, I think removing all unneeded processing has to a good thing. Foobar 2000 plus ASIO drivers is free and works well.

Sorry, can't really comment on your speaker choices but, You could just buy a pair of compact, active speakers with their own DAC built in.

Last edited:
Reactions: hariskar

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts