Up the Creek

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
System, Creek Evo Amp, Marantz CD 67mk2, Monitor Audio R270 Speakers used for CD and AV duties because of their size. I was thinking of changing the CD player to the Creek Evo one, will I notice a big difference and will it play CD-R disks. Thanks Steve.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Yes. Your 67 has a diffuse sound probably due to extremely high jitter, quite common in players of that age. The Evo is a pretty even handed player and it looks nice matched with your amp. More focus but less euphonic. You'll get used to it and the extra detail is worth it.

A

Anonymous

Big difference no, improvement yes, the EVO is a very nice sounding, well built player for the price.

A

Anonymous

How does the EVO sound with Monitor Audio spoeakers? I have no way of auditioning the EVO with the MA RS6 that's on my short-list.

A

Anonymous

I think the EVO amp sounds great with the Monitor Audio speakers, I was a bit worried the Bass would be thin because they are so slim, but the Bass port at the front makes a big difference. Ps the resaon I didnt buy the Creek CD player at the time is because the Amp was an insurance claim in replacement for my old Creek 4040, ( I managed to tip sea water over it when cleaning my fish tank Not recommended.)

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
i'm glad your insurers paid up, i had a similar situation with a fish tank years ago when changing the water.the jug slipped out of my wet slippery hands onto my brothers jvc music centre. he was not best pleased but the insurers said i should have moved the music centre so they never paid out. b*******s.

A

Anonymous

I've heard that the Epos range partner the Creeks nicely.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts