TV Picture vs Projector Quality

lbafsaj

Feb 28, 2008
Visit site
Looking to buy a projector for around 2K. Currently have a Sony KDL40X2000 1080p LCD TV. Picture quality is superb via my Pioneer BDPLX70A, but am concerend as to whether a 2K projector will equal the picture quality I get from the TV. The reason for the purchase is to save space in the living room ( that's what I told here anyway>>>>). Planning to have a drop down screen from the ceiling, with the projector ceiling mounted. What projector should I be looking at to equal or better my Sony LCD ??

A

Anonymous

Panasonic PT-AE2000, Infocus IN80 (or X10) would be two that I would recommend you take a look at!

A

Anonymous

I tend to watch normal tv on my Pioneer Plasma and Films on the big screen, Ive got a 108" screen with an Infocus X2, which usnt HD. The Experience watching the films is still far superior on the Projector IMHO. I plan to upgrade my projector as soon as I can get one for the right money and Ive already upgraded the amp and speakers, so to recap (lol) Get a projector, it's fan-bloody-tastic :)

A

Anonymous

If the PJ your thinking of gettings a DLP you ought to demo first...I bought a optima DLP and ended up selling it on ebay as i sufferd from the rainbow effect quite badly and found it more than mildly irritating. But i think im in the minority most people i belive dont notice it.

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
The Panasonic PT-AE3000 is my choice at your price point. Should easily outperform your TV as long as you do go too big and can control the light. If you want to stick with Sony the VPL-HW10 is very very close in performance to the Panasonic.

Nick

A

Anonymous

I've only got a budget projector, but when i feed it some blu-ray or ps3 games it looks great. The point isn't always whether the pic is better because usually a decent smaller telly like a pioneer will probably beat it. It is the fact that you can get an 80 inch screen size (or more) which in my eyes makes up for the slight lack in quality and really involves you in whatever you are watching. I mean think how much it costs to get a 80/100 inch plasma! Projectors are 'True cinema for the masses'.

TRENDING THREADS