TV picture problems

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All

I have a problem with my 32" samsung LCD, it has started to show lines all down the screen, they look similar to what strands of DNA look like ( i have put a picture on this post, i hope) i watch the TV through sky hd, i have tried watching just through the tv, but i get the same problem, any idea would be appreciated. The tv was bought April 2007, anybody know what lentgh warranty samsung tv's have.

steve

http://img241.imageshack.us/my.php?image=problempicturezo2.jpg]

A

Anonymous

Sounds like a replacement screen might be needed, had a similar problem on a Samsung LCD a few years ago.

The tv will have a 1 year warranty as standard, but contacting Samsung via the original retailer should result in a hefty contribution towards any repair as the tv is still relatively new.

Who was the original retailer out of curiosity? Some are better than others in this situation.

A

Anonymous

Hi alsina

I bought it from currys, i have managed to add a picture to my post so you can see the problem.

steve

A

Anonymous

Picture looks very similar to mine before the screen was swapped. Obviously you need to get it checked out by an engineer, but I was quoted over £400 to replace mine before I got tough with the retailer.

You need to speak to Currys and explain to them that you would expect the tv to last for more than 18 months before going faulty and ask them what they propose to do. No doubt they'll give you Samsung's phone no. and ask you to speak to them i.e. 'pass the buck'.

Insist that they do this on your behalf initially, keep in mind that Currys are still liable for your tv working correctly, even though your warranty expired in April.

Let us know how you go.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts