Tv license.......Shambles

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
entropy2 said:
No never.. i don't get why thats so hard to comprehend? there are other news outlets in the world and other radio stations and other content producers..

I get by fine with out them and thats why I don't like the idea of the TV license.

Yes, we get it now. You'd rather be plunged into a tank of scorpions/acid/boiling oil than watch anything on the BBC.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
entropy2 said:
No never.. i don't get why thats so hard to comprehend? there are other news outlets in the world and other radio stations and other content producers..

Yes and compared to the BBC, they're all sh-te (hey, JD's allowed to do that...), so presumably you only watch rubbish (this does not imply that the BBC does not make rubbish as well, it does but it also makes an awful lot of very good TV and radio).

I get by fine with out them and thats why I don't like the idea of the TV license.

Well, with respect, you're wrong.

entropy2

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
"so presumably you only watch rubbish"

Thats a bit of a sweeping statement.

I just found it funny that you don't believe there is anyone who doesn't watch BBC. Everyone has different tastes on what they like to watch.

I'd rather save £145 a year and watch my "rubbish television" however, my wife likes some of the programming on sky etc so we have to pay.

Just in this day and age the idea of license for a TV seems silly. I'm sure most people would prefer some adverts if it would waive the TV license fee.

Amadeus1756

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
entropy2 said:
Just in this day and age the idea of license for a TV seems silly. I'm sure most people would prefer some adverts if it would waive the TV license fee.

I for one disagree with that, and I think a lot of people who have added to this thread would also disagree.

It may be the kind of person who frequents this type of forum (i.e. has a bit of spare cash to spend, probably above average intelligence) isn't a good representation of feeling tho.

Strangely enough, I can't think of the last thing I watched on ITV. My wife watches Downton Abbey, but I've not watched anything on ITV for as long as I can remember and we don't get Sky (the only Sky I've seen has been that on Freeview and I stopped watching "24" because of the 4 advert breaks in a 1 hour TV episode - killed all suspense/drama) - the less said about Murdoch the better I think.

SonofSun

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Amadeus1756 said:
entropy2 said:

I for one disagree with that, and I think a lot of people who have added to this thread would also disagree.

It may be the kind of person who frequents this type of forum (i.e. has a bit of spare cash to spend, probably above average intelligence) isn't a good representation of feeling tho.

Strangely enough, I can't think of the last thing I watched on ITV. My wife watches Downton Abbey, but I've not watched anything on ITV for as long as I can remember and we don't get Sky (the only Sky I've seen has been that on Freeview and I stopped watching "24" because of the 4 advert breaks in a 1 hour TV episode - killed all suspense/drama) - the less said about Murdoch the better I think.

I think people just want to be able to choose whether they watch the BBC and pay the licence fee, this is not too much to ask for in the 21st century. I for one am sick of people telling me how good the BBC is for £3 per week; and because they like it; I should have to pay for it also.

I personally don't have sky but at least I get the choice of whether to subscribe.

Eventually the BBC will have to become a subscription service, then we will all have the choice.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts