turntable

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
acalex said:
Ah great! So if I take the Clearaudio Performance on my soon to be new system based on Jadis 50RC Signature (or AMS35i) + SF Guarneri Memento would that be well balanced?

Whether a system is balanced or not, has a large degree of subjectivity and personal taste involved. Some would say that a TT + Jardis + SF is unbalanced when compared against "neutral", but if that's what you like, it doesn't matter a jot (sorry to butt in to PP's question).

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Was more talking in terms of getting the most out of the TT money wyse.

Just out of curiosity...why everybody is adding an "r" to the Jadis? ;)

If it's the french manufacturer we are talking about then is definitely Jadis :D

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Helmut80 said:
you're wallte's not going to like this, but that system could accommodate a turntable three times as expensive or more. Maybe listen to a Gyrodec if you get a chance.

Ahah, don't tell that to my gf as she wanted the Ovation model...just because looks nicer with the black plate ;)

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
acalex said:
Was more talking in terms of getting the most out of the TT money wyse.

Just out of curiosity...why everybody is adding an "r" to the Jadis? ;)

If it's the french manufacturer we are talking about then is definitely Jadis :D

.......tiring day! :oops:

CnoEvil said:
acalex said:
Ah great! So if I take the Clearaudio Performance on my soon to be new system based on Jadis 50RC Signature (or AMS35i) + SF Guarneri Memento would that be well balanced?

Whether a system is balanced or not, has a large degree of subjectivity and personal taste involved. Some would say that a TT + Jardis + SF is unbalanced when compared against "neutral", but if that's what you like, it doesn't matter a jot (sorry to butt in to PP's question).

No probs, Cno - I really don't know the retail price or quality of the Jardis/Vincent set-up in comparison to the Leema. As a consequence I passed on the poster's question.

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
CnoEvil said:
acalex said:

No probs, Cno - I really don't know the retail price or quality of the Jardis/Vincent set-up in comparison to the Leema. As a consequence I passed on the poster's question.

No problem. Actually the Vincent is my old amplifier!

acalex said:
plastic penguin said:
CnoEvil said:
acalex said:

No problem. Actually the Vincent is my old amplifier!

So it's the AMS then?

T

the record spot

matthewpiano said:
I'd agree with PP, unless there are plans for big upgrades of amp and speakers in the future. With a budget system you won't get the benefit of going too crazy with the turntable. To be honest, I doubt I'm getting the best out of my RP3 at present.

Ah well, that's the Onkyo on its way out then...! :)

matthewpiano

the record spot said:
matthewpiano said:
I'd agree with PP, unless there are plans for big upgrades of amp and speakers in the future. With a budget system you won't get the benefit of going too crazy with the turntable. To be honest, I doubt I'm getting the best out of my RP3 at present.

Nah! The deck sounds excellent through it, I'm just sure it has even more to give in the course of any future upgrades. I won't be changing the Onkyo until such time as I can afford that Sugden amp, and that is a long way off.

shropshire lad

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
AnalogEars said:
lindsayt said:
I'm sure there's many more worthy TT's I've not mentioned. :exmark:

I didn't forget the LP12. It's not good enough to make it onto my list. :O :help:

If budget allows I would go for new.

As for new: Also have a look at SRM Tech Athena and Arezzo, Origin Live Aurora Mk2 and Pro-Ject 6 Perspex.

The Origin Live Aurora Mk2 is now known as the Calypso and it is the one I chose . WHF only gave it 4 stars , with some dubious negative points . But what do they know ?

A

Anonymous

shropshire lad said:
The Origin Live Aurora Mk2 is now known as the Calypso and it is the one I chose . WHF only gave it 4 stars , with some dubious negative points . But what do they know ?

I'm afraid you are mistaken... The Aurora Mk2 and Calypso are different TT's, OL still is manufacturing and selling both models. The Aurora is their "basic" model.

I have owned quite a few TT,s (Dual, Sansui, Revolver, Rega, Michell and Logic) before I bought my OL Aurora Mk2 with Silver arm a year ago.

I heard many more TT,s and my humble opinion is that Mark Baker produces top products (TT's and arms) in their price bracket.

And as for the number of WHF stars: Many years ago the Aurora got 5 and was declared "a class leader in every respect". But aren't we lucky to have a pair of ears of our own...? ;)

T

the record spot

matthewpiano said:
the record spot said:
matthewpiano said:

Nah! The deck sounds excellent through it, I'm just sure it has even more to give in the course of any future upgrades. I won't be changing the Onkyo until such time as I can afford that Sugden amp, and that is a long way off.

End of the month then...? Now trending #justjoshin' :)

Cracking looking amp that Sugden. Not a cheap day out that one Matt...!

A

Anonymous

I wonder if the OP is only :read: reading and :? thinking... ?

Complete :silenced: silence........

Maybe enjoying :boohoo: or :rockout: instead of :type:

shropshire lad

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
AnalogEars said:
shropshire lad said:

I'm afraid you are mistaken... The Aurora Mk2 and Calypso are different TT's, OL still is manufacturing and selling both models. The Aurora is their "basic" model.

You are absolutely right . It dawned on me a few moments ago that I was talking rubbish and had hoped to correct myself before someone else did . Not quick enough . Thank you for correcting me in such a civilised way !

lindsayt

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
chebby said:
I can't see any mention of the OP's turntable budget.

I think we should know that first.

As for Lindsay's list, do you really want this in your living room...

emt950.jpg

4205890178_50217d5d18.jpg

Well that would depend upon whether your priority is in getting the most fashionable looking hi-fi or the best sounding hi-fi.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts