Turntable Shelves

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I'm looking for a wall shelf to hold my turntable. Initially, it would only need to hold my existing modest deck, but I'm contemplating an upgrade to a more 'serious' Michell unit, probably the Gyrodec (I've always hankered after one).

It would be mounted on a solid wall (unavoidable the same wall against which my loudspeakers sit).

Any recommendations?

Thanks...A

Anton90125

Sep 1, 2007
Visit site
Maybe you could use one of these on a normal shelf:

http://www.townshendaudio.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=40&Itemid=99

It shoud isolate your deck from the speakers .I have heard the diffeence it can make.It also has very good reviews.

http://www.townshendaudio.net/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=127

I don't have shares in this company (wish I did). I have been impressed with the Townshend equipment that I have heard so far.

A

Anonymous

Thanks, Andrew. I was aware of three of those manufacturers but not the fourth.

I suppose I'm specifically asking the following:

1. Will any shelf from those companies perform as well as another or is there a current 'star performer'?

2. Are all shelves likely to be able to cope with turntables of various weights and designs equally well?

3. How compromised will performance be by mounting the shelf against the same wall as my speakers?

Thanks again...A

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
So long since we've tested any of these that I couldn't offer a direct opinion, but the Target one has been around for ever and was always much recommended back in the dim and distant days, as was the Rega.

Yes, any of them should be able to stand pretty heavy turntables, if your wall and what you use to fix the shelf to it can!

Personally I wouldn't mount it on the same wall against which my speakers were standing, but there should be enough damping in a solid wall to avoid mechanical interference. That close to the speakers air-borne interference might still be a problem...

A

Anonymous

Great, thanks. I'll have to give the positioning some more thought!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts