True or False ??

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Richersounds have just told me that they do not have any Sony BDP-S360's in stock as it is no longer available and being replaced by the 380, and are trying to sell me a Panasonic DMPBD60 instead. Is this a good substitute...I'm not so sure.

They have also said that a good substitute for a pair of Wharfedale Diamon 9.1 would be Morduant Short 902i's

Any help from the intelligent masses is welcome.

Cheers

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
I cant even find an S380 bluray player so im guess theyre telling porkies (Ive certainly had many lies off them through the years). Also, the S360 has only been out a couple of months or so!

I would also say the Wharfedales are better than the Shorts

May I ask which Richer Sounds store this is?

John Duncan

Well firstly, even if it is going out of production, you might want to take advantage of that fact and buy it for 136 quid at Amazon (where it is in stock).

As for replacing Diamonds with 902is, depends on whether you have the Diamonds already - I certainly wouldn't be selling them to get 902is instead, the difference wouldn't be big enough. But that said, I prefer the 9.1s anyway - I found the 902 a bit insubstantial (though I know others here rate them higher than the 9.1s, including the staffers, I think). If Richers don't have them, try Superfi, who are quoting £99.

Richer Sounds

Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Hi Jw00dwark,

I was sorry to read that you have had problems in getting hold of a Sony BDPS360 Blu-ray.

This model has been incredibly popular and has unfortunately been in short supply. However, I am pleased to confirm that we have recently received a delivery from Sony into our main warehouse and this stock will be distributed across our 49 stores within the next few days.

If you are still in the market for one of these players then please contact me on john.p.clayton@richersounds.com and I will put the necessary arrangements in hand for you. I would also be most interested to hear from you which of our stores advised you that this model was no longer available!

In the meantime, please accept my apologies again for any inconvenience and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Many thanks,

John Clayton
Operations Director
Richer Sounds

A

Anonymous

Just a quick note to keep everyone updated

1. I'm not a "grass" so all I'll say is that it was a branch in the South West of the country

2. Richer Sounds are helping to sort everything out for me with the items I need.

3. I'll let you know how it all pans out when everything is received.

4. The Fulham Road branch is very helpful. It is also the first store I ever went to, to purchase anything form Richer and incidentally why I am still keeping the faith for the moment...

Cheers

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
jw00dwark:1. I'm not a "grass" so all I'll say is that it was a branch in the South West of the country

I think John only wanted to know which branch it was so he could remedy any 'wrong end of stickiness' the shop in question may have encountered.

A

Anonymous

John was contacted seperately and told all the details.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
jw00dwark:
Just a quick note to keep everyone updated

1. I'm not a "grass" so all I'll say is that it was a branch in the South West of the country

2. Richer Sounds are helping to sort everything out for me with the items I need.

3. I'll let you know how it all pans out when everything is received.

4. The Fulham Road branch is very helpful. It is also the first store I ever went to, to purchase anything form Richer and incidentally why I am still keeping the faith for the moment...

Cheers

I have to say how great it is that RS come on here and remedy a situation. Not many stores would do that.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts