Visit site
Setup:

Onkyo NSD1 iPod Dock LINK

CA Azur 340A intergrated amp LINK

Warfdale Diamond 9.0 LINK

Sony vaio VPCF2 LINK

(Also have a YHT-196 AV Amp LINK)

The Story:

OK so earlier this month whilst passing Cash Generators the girlfriends dad (Audiophile) saw the AZUR for the bargain price of £39.99 in mint condition. So I went and picked it up then went online to find some little bookshelfers, in comes richer sounds selling off warfedale diamonds. Put it on with iPod (QED Phono to 3.5mm) and was chuffed....

Until...

Girlfriends dad said lets try a CD player (old budget sony), well then I was even more chuffed...

Until...

"lets try the DAC"

Well then I truly smiled playing 'Pink Floyd - Wish you were here' I was blown away. Not heard music that good ever.

Fast forward to today, at about 0800 waiting for my form to come in, I see that RS are selling a NSD1 for £40. In my dinner rang up and reserved it even though it was missing everything except the unit (£40 is worth a try)

So a month on Ive been oggling DACs and after reading threads on here I'm now not sure if I need one.

THE BIG QUESTION!

Would adding a DAC to my system improve it as good as previous? Should I pick up a DacMagic or can I try and get something like the HRT Streamer (~£150)

Im lost please help!

A

Anonymous

I have just purchased a Teac dac from RS for my PC...most of my listening is through headphones these days....and even though they are only Grado SR60i entry level phones there is a big improvenment in sound...much recommended.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts