true 5.1 system

A

Anonymous

mav35:can some one tell me what i need to get a true 5.1 systemAdd to that a BD Player , HDMI cables , Speaker cables , subwoofer cable and unless you just want sound something to watch the video on

A

Anonymous

and one more thing a few a/v amps i have been looking at say thair will run 6.1 or 7.1 can i still run those amps as a 5.1 system because i do not have the room for more than 5.1 system or do have to make sure i get a 5.1 amp?

A

Anonymous

Yes, that's fine. Amp manufacturers recognise that most people don't have the space (or money) for a 7.1 configuration. You can run anything from stereo (2.0) to 7 surround speakers and a sub and everything in between on a 7.1 amp.

A

Anonymous

thanks mate that helps alot what amp amd speaker wolud you recommend i have about 1500 to 2000 for an amp and about the same for speakers

A

Anonymous

my room is about 21feet long but i only can used about 11 fe of that room i have got a sony blu-ray player 370. speakers floor standing to the front on the wall to the back mint be style not sure can you recommend a system enway thanks

A

Anonymous

thanks mate? that speaker package is that with a sub and what sort of watts ber channel will that be with that amp. and i what does lossless sound meen?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Yes, the package includes the sub, the receiver delivers 7x120W, and lossless refers to the way the sound is compressed to fit on discs or for transmission.

A

Anonymous

because i will be useing a 5.1 system will the watage still be the same as if it was going though a 7.1 system or will it be grater in a 5.1 system

A

Anonymous

the dealer you buy your kit from can explain that , he may also make up some cables ready for bi-amping , if you ask him nicely
emotion-5.gif

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
You need four-conductor cables for the two front speakers, as max says, instead of the usual two conductors. Most speaker cable companies make them, or you can just use two runs of standard cable for each of the front two speakers. Then you remove the metal links connecting the terminals on the rear of the speakers, hook up the cables at the speaker end, and the Sony manual explains how to configure the receiver to biamp and connect the cables at that end.

But as max also says, this is something a good retailer should be able to explain and demonstrate for you.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts