Trompete . . . ?

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Here is one to have a listen to, clear the ears . . . but only if your system has a crystal clear top end:

On Spotify . . . 'Trompete und Orgel' Silversterkonzert 1993, Bernhard Kratzer Trompete, Monika Nuber Orel . . . Absolutely superb recording of that heady combination; Trumpet, Organ and Church acoustics.

The trumpet soars among the roof arches as the organ ads substance . . . superb. As I say, if you dont trust your systems top end dont try it, but if you have sweet extended hi frequencies then the trumpet playing is magnificent, IMHO . . .

CJSF

DocG

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi CJ,
It's the album 'Trompete und Orgel' by Jean Francois Michel, right? I'll give it a try tonight! The Devialet does trumpet, that I know. Not sure how my little Mission speakers will cope with the organ though...

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Al ears said:
So what is so good about the sound quality of music on Spotify? I just assumed it was low bitrate / compressed to hell. Am I wrong?

Never use it myself. :)

As do a lot of people Al ears, true, some of it is dire, but one can pick and choose . . . I have fond some excellent music there. Ones preference is for vinyl, but why limit choice, I would love the said album on the black stuff, but its pretty good on Spotify, the image presentation is fantastic too, simple reality, height, width depth, placement and ambiance . . . :bounce:

Give it a try mate, you might be surprised? Older recorded material is better, modern recording, yes they often sound compressed . . . is that Spotify, modern recording technique or a combination of both? The one constancy that may have a bearing, 'my late listening habit', Horlicks hour, twelve o'clock, one, two in the morning, the system as a whole always sounds at its best.

CJSF

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
DocG said:
Hi CJ, It's the album 'Trompete und Orgel' by Jean Francois Michel, right? I'll give it a try tonight! The Devialet does trumpet, that I know. Not sure how my little Mission speakers will cope with the organ though...

Organ is not that powerfull DocG . . . Whoops left out the 'r' in Orgel, rectified, put in more detail so you can get the right one, thanks.

The title comes up on my play list as: Trompete & Orgel "Festlich-besinnlich",

CJSF

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts