Triangle Antal Ex vs FOCUS CHORUS 836V

L00k_C

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone heard the Triangle Antal Ex?

How is it compared with Focus Chorus 836V?

ANy amps that you know that can couple with the Trainge Antal Ex's?

Thanks

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Hi there.

I haven't heard the Esprit Antal, but the Magellan, so my view is more to do with the house sound.

Focal and Triangle are on the more forward, clean and detailed school. I found the Triangles to be fun and lively, but too bright and forward for my taste. The Focal are a little better balanced to my ears, but you must go and make up your own mind.

Another speaker brand that has a similar type of sound is Usher.

They are both high sensitivity speakers and imo are better paired with an amp that doesn't have a similar bright and forward nature.........they should work well with a Tube amp, especially the Triangle.

I would be looking at amps like Arcam, Musical Fidelity, Sugden, Electrocompaniet and Audio Analogue.

csq2

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
I have listened to both and prefer the Focal 836V. The Triangles can sound too bright or forward and can be too large for most rooms. Midrange clarity is severely lacking due to colourations created by the horn tweeter. In the price range, I also suggest Audio Physic Classic 10 or 20.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
csq2 said:
I have listened to both and prefer the Focal 836V. The Triangles can sound too bright or forward and can be too large for most rooms. Midrange clarity is severely lacking due to colourations created by the horn tweeter. In the price range, I also suggest Audio Physic Classic 10 or 20.

Good choice.

i've seen the focal 826v for sale for £999 are these a bit of a bargain?

i was considering both sets of speakers myself. i like the look of the triangle, but if the focal's are better, i'll go for them.

would the B&W 683 be better?

or the Dali Ikon 6

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts