Toying with the idea of adding a sub...

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
But which one?

I'd like to add a good sub to extend the depth of bass for my system. The BX5's are good speakers but sometimes I'd like a bit more low end welly to my music (more so with the electronica side of things etc...)

Ideally I dont want to spend stupid money on a sub and it needs to be small as well (if possible) as I'd like to have it next to one of the speakers but behind slightly so it's out of sight a bit

Livingroomlayout.jpg

A

Anonymous

If you get a sub such as the BK XXLS400 or XLS200 with both low and high level inputs, you could ditch the Sony sub altogether couldn't you? Both very highly regarded and great value.

A

Anonymous

MJ Acoustics MkII @ 299 looks like a good unobtrusive option.

Inter_Voice

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
I am using MJ Acoustic pro 50 MK II to extend the bass depaertment of my Spendpr SA1 and it really works wonderfully. If you want to have more bass may be try MJ Acoustic Pro 100. I am using the high level input feeding signals from the amplifier's speaker output. One good thing about MJ is it is floor firing. As low frequency is non directional and there is no placement constraints you can put it anywhere besides your main speakers.

A

Anonymous

snivilisationism said:
If you get a sub such as the BK XXLS400 or XLS200 with both low and high level inputs, you could ditch the Sony sub altogether couldn't you? Both very highly regarded and great value.

Cant ditch the Sony sub as it's an integrated part of the AV system (i.e. active sub for both mid and bass as well as the amp for the speakers)!

A

Anonymous

Messiah said:
Do you have a budget in mind?

Out of interest could the Sony sub be connected to your hifi as well?

Budget; up to £400 I'd say (possibly a bit more if necesary).

Sony sub cannot be added no as it's connected byu an umbilical to the Sony AV unit etc...

I have looked at the M/A BX sub; seems that it could be common sense to go for that asd it'd match with the speakers; good/bad idea?

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
snivilisationism said:

Another vote for BK (Gemini or XLS 200)......you need something small, sealed and fast....that plays tunes.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts