To Toe or Not to Toe?

JMac

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Whats peoples personal experiences with this? I have a pair of DC6 SE stand mounters and to date I've been firing them straight ahead because I read that this would help remove some of the sharp highs that having I get with them and the amp combo. But, I've been reading a few reviews and they said that trying to get them as on axis as possible is better due to the directionality of the dual concentric design, or some advise 15 degress toe in. Is there anything in this or is it all down to personal choice/perception?

Thoughts and opinions?

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Feeling a bit toey?

Depends on the speaker and the room, etc. I generally play around with it until I find a position that feels right.

bluedroog

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
As above really, it is a case of trial and error. A lot will also depend on how far from your speakers you sit, the general idea it to create a triangle between your speakers and listening position however in my personal experience I like a little less toe in than that, just a touch mind. Too flat and I find a lack of involvement but you really don’t want to take it too far, having the sound waves cross before they meet you is a big no, no. I would try flat and then completely toed in to meet dead centre just so you get a chance to hear the differences so you know what you’re looking. Then toe in just slightly and **** in small increments till you’re happy.

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
bluedroog said:
As above really, it is a case of trial and error. A lot will also depend on how far from your speakers you sit, the general idea it to create a triangle between your speakers and listening position however in my personal experience I like a little less toe in than that, just a touch mind. Too flat and I find a lack of involvement but you really don’t want to take it too far, having the sound waves cross before they meet you is a big no, no. I would try flat and then completely toed in to meet dead centre just so you get a chance to hear the differences so you know what you’re looking. Then toe in just slightly and **** in small increments till you’re happy.  

Oh my.....genuinely laughed out loud with the last bit.

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
This I agree with.

Try it both ways and see which sounds best to you.

I don't toe in myself.

basshound said:
I think it it is a case of try it and see (hear) what you prefer, everybody`s rooms and hearing/taste are different so do what sounds best to you.

bluedroog

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
Thompsonuxb said:
bluedroog said:

Oh my.....genuinely laughed out loud with the last bit.

Whoops! SHIFT, SHIFT!

Otherwise I like to get it all out in one and just be done with it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts