To spike or not to spike

idc

The spikes help to make the stand more stable and stop micro rocking. Why do not want to use the spikes? If it is down to protecting your floor covering then there are spike protectors and you can use granite mats and even coins to put the spikes on.

A

Anonymous

if yr speakers are on a carpeted floor, it is essential to use the spikes otherwise they wld wobble too much.

however, if the speakers are on a hard floor, tiled, marbled, etc, it is not necessary to use spikes. just ensure that the speaker does not wobble.

in my case, i use three cork footers stuck on the bottom of the speaker.

try this. if it does not work, fix the spikes and to prevent scratches, use coins or spike covers.

idc

If you are brave and I did this so it works, mark your carpet with the spikes. Then screw short, fat philips headed screws through the marks into the floorboards and rest the spikes ontop of the screws. You can then use the screws to ensure the stand is level, which helps to prevent rocking.

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
If the floor is not carpeted, I would suggest using blue tac or something similar. This will bond the speaker to the floor and will also compensate for any inconsistencies in the floor to prevent rocking. Better than spikes IMO.

TRENDING THREADS