To owners of B&W 685

Chokobolt

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
I am just about to buy the B&W 685, but as I am only a student, I don't earn that much money (around a grand a month). Therefore I won't be able to get stands for them the first one or two months of use, and will have to position them on my desk. Could you please tell me, if there were any spikes or something in the box when you bought your speakers?

Waiting patiently for your answers [;)]

ESP2009

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
As daft as it may seem, there are more than a few of us who will swear by the use of Blu-Tack or halved squash balls to serve as very effective vibration absorbers/isolators. It is very unlikely that the speakers will come with spikes as they are stand mounts (spikes tend to come with the stands or floor-standing speakers).

mitch65

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
ESP2009:As daft as it may seem, there are more than a few of us who will swear by the use of Blu-Tack or halved squash balls to serve as very effective vibration absorbers/isolators. It is very unlikely that the speakers will come with spikes as they are stand mounts (spikes tend to come with the stands or floor-standing speakers).

esp just loves his squash balls!!
emotion-5.gif

Boca

May 9, 2009
Visit site
blue tack is solid... I saw them hold a pair of focal book shelfs and the stand together. i thought they were bolted on at the time when he lifted them up. . Nice thing about it i was told is they dont stain the wood veneer as i was told. just verify before you buy it.

mitch65

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Boca:
blue tack is solid... I saw them hold a pair of focal book shelfs and the stand together. i thought they were bolted on at the time when he lifted them up. . Nice thing about it i was told is they dont stain the wood veneer as i was told. just verify before you buy it.

They did stain a pair of black ash neat petites I had but it was still better than holes and on lighter woods I think the effect would be very minor

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts