Tinnitus

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
keeper of the quays said:
..i see mine as a irritating high pitched noise..only really bothers me when its very quiet...please dont get too despodent as one gets used to it..weirdly for me it doesnt affect my hearing? Its like a humming wall that sound goes through? I still do hifi..

Mine's a high pitched whine as well, like the HT whine you used to get off old TVs. I've actually had my whole life but it was intermittent, it's only in the last few years that it switched on permanently. Biggest issue it causes me is that I can't follow conversations in loud environments any more. Doesn't really affect my music enjoyment luckily, although I tend to keep the volume down a bit these days as it can get irritating.

+1

Pretty much the same. Not permanent but often, more so during times of stress but even as I sit here now typing this I have a very high pitched ring/sound in my ears.

Like you it doesn't effect my enjoyment of music but can be irritating when it is very quiet.

Sorry to hear it affects you so badly Steve but don't give up on music and your system!

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
begining to live with my Tinnitus - seems worse when i wake up in the morning - i now restrict my listening to later in the day now

My enjoyment is coming back now - I have also bought some new Speakers going back to a standmont - ATC SCM11s mounted on Partington Dreadnought stands - pick em up tomorrow

D

Deleted member 108165

Missed this thread somehow, Steve, sorry to hear about you condition mate. I've got a mild form in my left ear. Us humans are adaptable b*ggers so here's hoping that given time you'll get through this bad period.

Edbo2

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
keeper of the quays said:
Theres a radio station that broadcasts esp for tinnitus sufferers..worth a google..youtube have ambient music for tinnitus sufferers..the sound of rain is helpful..my doc offered me cognitive therapy for my tinnitus...might help? Mine gets worse then eases off for awhile..i see mine as a irritating high pitched noise..only really bothers me when its very quiet...please dont get too despodent as one gets used to it..weirdly for me it doesnt affect my hearing? Its like a humming wall that sound goes through? I still do hifi..
I am laying in bed with a lot of whistling in my head. I also contracted shingles 15 years ago which caused tinnitus. It does not spoil music enjoyment and most of the time I forget about it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts