Tidal playlist via the Lumin app

FeastOfSnakes

Apr 15, 2023
Visit site
I'm currently trialling the Lumin D2 streamer/DAC and I'm struggling with the Lumin app. I can happily interact with my Tidal account but when it comes to playing one of my saved Tidal playlist it's only playing single tracks, rather than playing it's way through the list. This issue is not happening when I play an album for example.

Has anyone any experience of the Lumin app and might be able to suggest what I need to do. Any help greatly appreciated.

I'm using Apple phone and tablet.

FeastOfSnakes

Apr 15, 2023
Visit site
I'm not. I thought that might be what I need to do but I can't work out how. It may be staring me in the face but I haven't discovered how to do it.

Lumins faqs are great at telling you how to export a play list into Tidal but not the simple act of playing one you've already created. Playing all tracks in an album is a single tap on the first track, but play lists seem to be different.

As usual companies developing great electronics and poor quality apps.

I occasionally use the Lumin app with my Linn streamer. There’s a menu with ‘settings’ from the cogwheel symbol. On mine, one option is Follow Now Playing. I think that might be the one you need to turn on, or at least try some options. I’m afraid I rarely use Playlists.

E80EAB87-33F4-4853-BBD3-31EB891D1371.png

FeastOfSnakes

Apr 15, 2023
Visit site
Thanks again. Those are exactly the settings I'm using/have been using - but with no luck. Looks like an email to Lumin (who by all accounts aren't the most responsive).

FeastOfSnakes

Apr 15, 2023
Visit site
So, rather than tap on the playlist (which loads all the tracks but won't play them consecutively) you hold your finger down on it until it opens a pop up menu which looks like the attached. Selecting the first of the four greyed out symbols seems to do the trick.

Lumin did reply quickly but just confused me and directed me to explanations that explained little. I'd basically already hit on the solution by trial and error by the time they replied.

It's frustrating how companies create quality electronics but really poor software. Imagine if Tidal or Spotify created apps in this manner, they'd get no subscribers. For example, if I want to pay an album, just play the album for me - don't create a playlist for it. I'm very tech literate but sometimes the obscurity of this stuff is baffling. I feel sorry for anyone who is new to this.IMG_2017.PNG

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts