Tidal Connect: everything you need to know

Igoo

Feb 8, 2024
Visit site
Wireless stream top-quality audio to tons of devices with Tidal Connect

Tidal Connect: everything you need to know : Read more
T
Good article, but you forgot to tell about one of the disadvantages of Tidal Hi-res, there is an interesting article on the site Darko about this.

Tidal Hi-fi or Hi-fi Plus? It's an easy choice!

"Whilst more than 99% of all songs sitting on Tidal’s servers are available to stream in CD quality, a mere 6 – 8% of that same library will come down the pipe in hi-res FLAC or MQA. Tidal boasts 100 million songs in total and the release notes for its August update claim that 6 million of those are available in hi-res FLAC. The upshot is that the Hifi Plus tier adds only a smattering of hi-res audio to the extensive foundations laid by the CD-quality Hifi tier. Re-upping on Tidal, the BIG question for me can be boiled down to the following: is it worth paying an extra €6.50/month to extract an extra couple of percent from less than 10% of a streaming library? For me, the answer is a firm 'no'. Tidal Hifi is by far the better value proposition.”

https://darko.audio/2023/12/tidal-hi-fi-or-hi-fi-plus-its-an-easy-choice/

manicm

T
Good article, but you forgot to tell about one of the disadvantages of Tidal Hi-res, there is an interesting article on the site Darko about this.

Tidal Hi-fi or Hi-fi Plus? It's an easy choice!

"Whilst more than 99% of all songs sitting on Tidal’s servers are available to stream in CD quality, a mere 6 – 8% of that same library will come down the pipe in hi-res FLAC or MQA. Tidal boasts 100 million songs in total and the release notes for its August update claim that 6 million of those are available in hi-res FLAC. The upshot is that the Hifi Plus tier adds only a smattering of hi-res audio to the extensive foundations laid by the CD-quality Hifi tier. Re-upping on Tidal, the BIG question for me can be boiled down to the following: is it worth paying an extra €6.50/month to extract an extra couple of percent from less than 10% of a streaming library? For me, the answer is a firm 'no'. Tidal Hifi is by far the better value proposition.”

https://darko.audio/2023/12/tidal-hi-fi-or-hi-fi-plus-its-an-easy-choice/

What John Darko said is generally true of any streaming service really, and doesn't take anything away from Tidal.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts