Three pairs of Giant Killers, please !!!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi there,

I am planning to replace my current speaker arrangement from a mismatch of Mission 780 77C 77DS to three pairs of Giant Killers optimally for the benefit of Genesis, Pink Floyd etc. multi channel music. However I am wondering wether the conventional 2 way standmount would make a good Centre Channel for movies. Therefore would I be better of with MTM type speaker similar to AELite 2 but my room only allows for the rear/centre's to be mounted on the walls. Are there any better options available to go with my Yamaha DSP-AX861SE, DVD-S2700 inc. free Qed HDMI-P, TX761DAB, Epos M Sub, 5 pairs of QED Qunex 3, Qunex SR-SW, Qunex SR75 (All bought discounted for less than a Grand).

A

Anonymous

Can anyone suggest some good full range speakers that still perform well when wall mounted? Perhaps maybe pro monitors or unusual Canadian/European possibilities that are not so well known in UK like PSB Image B25. Is there any news of something good that might soon be discontinued and heavily discounted?

A

Anonymous

I have just noticed Mordaunt Short Mezzo 2 reduced to a shade under £300 from Superfi and Richer Sounds. Although trying to use three pairs in a 6.1 arrangement would be difficult in my current room dimension. The rears would have to be mounted high enough not to walk into.

A

Anonymous

I wonder what the magazine,s opinion woud be when choosing between Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 at £109 v MA BR2's, Kef iQ3's-£169 or save up for MS Mezzo 2's-£289 for the ultimate bargain.

A

Anonymous

I would probably need to travel or wait until I visit London to find a chance of auditioning these speakers. The Mezzo 2's are very strong contenders. Would going for three pairs all round be my best option for multi channel music or should I consider a centre speaker or two?

I want to find out how the MA BR2's, Kef iQ3's would compare to the Mezzo 2's.

Any opinions would be most appreciated as a online purchase without an audition is likely.

A

Anonymous

OK Loooking at how it all stands with curent market prices Surely the Diamond 9.1's, Kef iQ3, iQ30 are better value than the MA BR2's, Dali Lektor 2's and maybe PSB Image B25 yet to be recognised by What Hi Fi as potential class leaders. And now the MS Mezzo 2's are probably better value than any of these including B&W 685's

A

Anonymous

Not much to contribute but I thought it might be nice to have another name in the thread!

I guess value is very subjective when you start comparing across price ranges. If you have three sets of five star speakers, like the Diamond 9,s the Lektors and the Shorts, but all at different price points then no doubt the 300 pound set is 'better' than the 100 pound set, but is it more than three times better (to you). That's without even trying to compare regular speakers with style ones....

Auditioning and deciding what constitues value to you seems like the only route, I don't think someone else can really help...ÿ

A

Anonymous

Thats precisley why I am trying to ask the experts who have already assessed nearly all of these speakers and could easily help simplify my buying choices. Which ones at the current deals offer the greatest balance of performance and value. Should I save and prey that I don't miss out on the Mezzo 2, or grab the iQ3's instead of MA BR2's and save the difference?

A

Anonymous

Richer Sounds don't stock the BR2's. Thats why I ask becuse originally I set out to buy these anticipating that they seem to be more substantial than the Wharfedales even though they have held their price by comparison. So yes if I go it will be possible to look at the Kef's and Mezzo's but are they a league above my original favourites?.

A

Anonymous

Does anyone know if the MS Mezzo 2 will partner well with EQ off on my Yamaha DSP-AX861SE?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts