Thinking of upgrading my pana 42pz70b ?

LOST

Nov 26, 2007
Visit site
Been thinking of updating my panasonic plasma (42pz70b) as its now 3yrs old , was 5star rated back in the day and have never had a problem with it and still has 2yr pana warranty left ! hoping it would go pop to get a new one but it just keeps on going !

Done a check on the hours used so far in the service menu and it read 9111hours !!!

Anyway as this tv is pretty big in depth and uses a lot of power = 500w , i was thinking of updating and putting this one in the bedroom for the cold winter nights to watch dvd/brays .

I must admit my pana makes my mates sony 40ex703 look pants ! i dont like the led tvs as imo the picture looks too fake and i love the panas real natural picture look over the leds .

I was thinking of the lg 50pk350 or 690 ? . I dont ever want 3d , dont need freeview/freesat , dont need it to have dnla or interent as i have virgin v+ and a ps3 but most tvs now have some of the above . i just want good picture and motion etc . my pana does suffer with motion/blocks on fast moving stuff but got to live with it .

Also my pana does reflect the light a bit from the screen which in the summer is a bit annoying as sometimes you cant see the screen clearly , so are the newer models any better at not reflecting ? i would like to stay with plasma as i just think imo the picture looks more real and natural .

My budget is as low as possible but did also think about the pana 42g20 ? would the lg be any better then my current pana ? or should i just wait till the new year for some more bargain prices even though the vat goes up :( or maybe just keep mine ?

many thanks

steven123

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
If you get a god pk350 and not a faulty one the picture is suberb, way better then my panasonic 42px80 on bluray. And it can be had for way less money then 690.

A

Anonymous

ive found my lg50pk350 to be quite a bit better than my previous pana 46g10, both with sd and hd. so i would expect you would notice a fair improvement over your 2 year older set. motion is flawless on the lg imo, but its screen is reflective, more so than the g20 models..

A

Anonymous

If you can get Best Buy to price match Currys (£564 with £35 pound off code) and get the 15% cash back with Quidco you can get the LG for £476.

A

Anonymous

there's no difference in picture quality between the 350, 590, and 790. they just differ on features.. only the pk990 has slightly better pic quality by virtue of its black filter, which helps with contrast, better blacks and less reflections..

LOST

Nov 26, 2007
Visit site
ok cheers max , will go see one tomorrow at currys/comet to veiw (will buy elsewhere) . just want to see how reflective screen is too . also need to measure how much bigger it is then my current pana , prob not a lot as the pana has speakers on side and a big frame !

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts