Question Thinking of Purchasing Sennheiser Evolution's

NitrousX

Jan 19, 2020
Visit site
Hi Community
I have been on the look out for some new wireless transmitters for cordless microphones and handsets. For use in a church that I volunteer in. I was advised by another thread on reddit, please see link for context here View: https://www.reddit.com/r/livesound/comments/eekd7k/no_stupid_questions_thread_week_of_20191223/fcf5elf?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x
. Of the users suggested purchasing the Sennheiser Evolutions. But they said there are different variations that may require a license. I asked them which model I should choose, but I asked them which model is the one to use. That does not require a license. I have not heard back from the user who responded, but was wondering if any of yourselves have used these or could point me in the right direction. Here is a quote from the user with the link of the models they described thanks.

You'll probably be able to beat the list pricing here by contacting a local supplier to you. I think you'd get much better mileage out of the G4 set. Bear in mind as well that radio mics come in different tuning bands. If you're paying for a UK shared frequency licence, then you'll probably want Sennheiser band GB or GBw, if you aren't then you'll be looking at a licence exempt band, which is also the domain of drone remotes, garage door fobs, and so forth.

chris661

Oct 30, 2019
Visit site
Depending on where you are, you can get license-free wireless gear. The problem there is that you're more likely to get interference from others nearby that might be using those frequencies. Not usually a problem unless you're in a convention centre etc.

I currently have a Sennheiser G4 EW100-935, and I'd recommend it. IMO, the 935 capsule is the star of the line - it's difficult to get it to sound bad, and believe me, mothers-of-brides have often tried. The wireless connection has been solid whenever I've tried it, and the sound is always good.

Chris

NitrousX

Jan 19, 2020
Visit site
Depending on where you are, you can get license-free wireless gear. The problem there is that you're more likely to get interference from others nearby that might be using those frequencies. Not usually a problem unless you're in a convention centre etc.

I currently have a Sennheiser G4 EW100-935, and I'd recommend it. IMO, the 935 capsule is the star of the line - it's difficult to get it to sound bad, and believe me, mothers-of-brides have often tried. The wireless connection has been solid whenever I've tried it, and the sound is always good.

Chris
Sorry for the late reply, but with that receiver where did you purchase it from? The ones I mentioned earlier go for around £650 at most places. And if I purchased it would I still need additional receiver for the microphone lapel microphones ? Thanks

chris661

Oct 30, 2019
Visit site
I think it was Gear4Music, got it for £550. Not cheap, but it'll last 10+ years and after the first few rentals it will have paid itself off.
You need one receiver per transmitter that's in use.

Chris

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts