Thinking about getting the iPhone 7 or 8 (which I hear good things about), which would you get? Ta

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

As above tempted to get the iPhone 7 in jet black, what do you think? Good decision, crap decision not bad decision? Cheers!

D

Deleted member 2457

daveh75 said:
Given the 8 doesn't exist yet, how can you of heard good things about it, you mean rumours?

*fool* *dash1*

And neither...
Yep, rumours, Oled screen.

D

Deleted member 2457

chebby said:
It doesn't matter.

You'll return it as soon as you've bought it whatever the model and whatever the brand.
I got the money now to spend and keep stuff, as long as I don't go too crazy.

D

Deleted member 2457

Still got my iPhone 4s so I have decided I need bigger memory for my music really, the 4s is only 8gb.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
gel said:
Still got my iPhone 4s so I have decided I need bigger memory for my music really, the 4s is only 8gb.

If it's just for music capacity then look for a used 128GB 6th Gen iPod Touch (A grade) on Cex. (They have a grade A condition gold one for £280 right now.)

A jet black iPhone 7 of the same capacity costs an insane amount of money if it's just for more music.

D

Deleted member 2457

jjbomber said:
gel said:
As above tempted to get the iPhone 7 in jet black, what do you think? Good decision, crap decision not bad decision? Cheers!

Crap decision.

Oppo F1, expandable to 128gb and you can move the card to your next phone.
Got my music on iTunes and what to use it for the gym too.

D

Deleted member 2457

chebby said:
gel said:

If it's just for music capacity then look for a used 128GB 6th Gen iPod Touch (A grade) on Cex. (They have a grade A condition gold one for £280 right now.)

A jet black iPhone 7 of the same capacity costs an insane amount of money if it's just for more music.
Good idea, I had thought about just an iPod touch too - perhaps that's what I should do then wait for the iPhone 8. Cheers Chebby.

Xanderzdad

Jun 25, 2008
Visit site
I have to agree with Robin - the Samsung Galaxy S7 is hard to beat. My son is a massive Apple fan and even he has moved to a S7 in the past week.

He is really pleased with it and cannot believe how much better it is than his iPhone (and a lot cheaper).

D

Deleted member 2457

Cheers guys. I think I am going to think about it for a while and just save for a while. Ta.

ukdavej

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
gel said:
Cheers guys. I think I am going to think about it for a while and just save for a while. Ta.

Good decision - there's very little reason for getting an iphone 7 IMHO (unless your contract is up and you get a good deal)

Ive just gone back to Apple after a few years with Windows mobile and Android on various different devices. I must confess, I do like iOS and the 6s I bought is a very good piece of kit. The 7 is almost identical except for a few insignificant extras (and a home button that just feels strange!) so save your money Gel and just keep swapping stuff on and off your 4s
regular_smile.gif
(irritating but much cheaper)

D

Deleted member 2457

ukdavej said:
gel said:

Good decision - there's very little reason for getting an iphone 7 IMHO (unless your contract is up and you get a good deal)

Ive just gone back to Apple after a few years with Windows mobile and Android on various different devices. I must confess, I do like iOS and the 6s I bought is a very good piece of kit. The 7 is almost identical except for a few insignificant extras (and a home button that just feels strange!) so save your money Gel and just keep swapping stuff on and off your 4s (irritating but much cheaper)
Yep, cheers. My music tends to delete itself but it's still there but I just can't play it. Some I still can so I make do with that, just means I keep changing music at the gym. It's only 8gb but I can make do. One of my old mates from school and college on Facebook sent me his messenger but for some reason I didn't have enough space to download, I will try again in the future. Cheers.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
gel said:
Yep, cheers. My music tends to delete itself but it's still there but I just can't play it. Some I still can so I make do with that, just means I keep changing music at the gym. It's only 8gb but I can make do. One of my old mates from school and college on Facebook sent me his messenger but for some reason I didn't have enough space to download, I will try again in the future. Cheers.

Huh?

What's you friend's messenger got to do with it?

What is 'hosting' your music? The Cloud or a Mac or PC?

D

Deleted member 2457

chebby said:
gel said:

Huh?

I didn't have enough memory to download it. My music is just in iTunes. And I got it on my phone and iPad.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
gel said:
chebby said:
gel said:

Huh?

I didn't have enough memory to download it. My music is just in iTunes. And I got it on my phone and iPad.

Ok I don't have 'iTunes' on my iPhone or iPad any more. It's just called 'music' nowadays.

However, I do have iTunes on my Mac Mini, which is where I back up my iOS devices. What backs up your iPad and iPhone? Do you back them up - and sync your music - to iTunes on a PC (or Mac) or the cloud?

D

Deleted member 2457

chebby said:
gel said:
chebby said:
gel said:

Huh?

Ok I don't have 'iTunes' on my iPhone or iPad any more. It's just called 'music' nowadays.

However, I do have iTunes on my Mac Mini, which is where I back up my iOS devices. What backs up your iPad and iPhone? Do you back them up - and sync your music - to iTunes on a PC (or Mac) or the cloud?
Yep, I have music too. I just enter my iTunes password on my iPhone and iPad and the music is there. I don't back them up. Tried sync my music on the laptop the other day but failed.

D

Deleted member 2457

chebby said:
It seems you need to get some help. You have an Apple shop in MK.
Yep, cheers! I got my niece to look at it, and she got the music working again but only for a limited period and now it's starting to not play again.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts