The Pacific on Blu

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Another site has reviewed this and given it a stellar report. I was annoyed that Sky made you subscribe to their movie channels to be able to see this, so I waited for the boxed set. Looks like it was a good idea. I loved Band of Brothers, and this is at least as good, if not better, according to the reports.

Anyway, Blockbuster has it for £29.96 (plus the vouchers) which is cheaper than anyone else around. Worth getting.

My local store manager tells me that Blockbuster are keen to create a retail market for BluRay for themselves and will always be offering great deals on major new releases. Hurrah!

http://www.blockbuster.co.uk/product/blu_ray/pacific__the/251236.htm

A

Anonymous

emotion-21.gif

Cheers Harry. This has been on my 'must have' list since news came out of its release. That price does seem to be the cheapest around.

Alantiggger

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
Well as a mini series it had nothing on BOB ...i'd have to say in general no where near as well a made series and you'll find yourself somewhat disconnected from the actors as their characters were not built to the same degree.By the time you start to care a bit ... it's all over.

just my opinion.
emotion-4.gif

I have heard that it sounds real good though.
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

Hi,

Anybody with half an interest in this release NEEDS to watch the documentary series "The War" by Ken Burns (see link below)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ken-Burns-War-DVD/dp/B001CHG090/ref=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1288462637&sr=1-1

Many of the depicted characters in The Pacific narrate their own story lines in "The War".

The soundtracks are remastered in 5.1, and there are no experts to give their opinions. Only the people who were there handle the narration.

Four towns across the US were chosen, and the living veterans from each were traced and asked to narrate what is effectively a documented history, from beginning to end, of the US involvement in WWII, viewed through the eyes of the living residents of these four towns.

This I believe that this is truly the finest documentary about WWII I have ever seen.

I only wish that it had been written about four towns within the UK instead during this same period.

Maybe a future project for someone??

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts