The new Sony AV amp is so good it's, made me angry

HappySounds

Feb 18, 2020
Visit site
It may seem unlikely because we are so used to things always moving forward, but isn’t it just possible that this is IT? It has taken six years to move forward from the STR-DN1080 and even now it is a seriously good bit of kit. The new AN1000 has all the new bells and whistles, but will there definitely be more, worthwhile, bells and whistles to come?

Sliced Bread

I’m sure Sony have done their research and I’d be interested to hear the reasoning. The uk is a small market so maybe that’s a factor. The EU market on the other hand is huge.
Maybe AV receivers are falling out of fashion faster in Europe than they are in the US?

Navanski

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
I regret that I didn't even bother reading the review of this new offering from Sony. I assumed that the review was positively ecstatic about how brilliant this amplifier is and suggesting that it would change my life.
Why would I think that?
Well it probably relates to the email I receive from WhatHiFi advising me what articles I should be reading. The latest email which I received on 26 April mentioned the review of the Sony amp not just once, not just twice but three times. If you're subscribed check it out yourself.
What prompts this publication to push a product three times in one email? I'll leave you to consider that question.

lovlid

May 24, 2009
Visit site
As if we don't get enough click bait crap and Ads that have nothing to do with the reason we visit this site, some editorial Sony fanboi gets over excited and pushes Sony's latest product for them. Laughable.

SL 75

Feb 7, 2023
Visit site
I’m sure Sony have done their research and I’d be interested to hear the reasoning. The uk is a small market so maybe that’s a factor. The EU market on the other hand is huge.
Maybe AV receivers are falling out of fashion faster in Europe than they are in the US?
At the same time, Sony has, rather out of the blue, launched a "Mobile ES" range of ES components for in-car use. Most odd, and I would have thought an even smaller market (it looks really good though). I yearn for the return of ES hi-fi.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts