The Godfather Trilogy: The Coppola Restoration (Blu-ray) £17.99 delivered @ Play.com

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
The Godfather: (1972)
Considered by many to be the greatest movie ever made, Francis Ford Coppola's epic masterpiece features Oscar winner Marlon Brando as the head of the Corleone family. Coppola paints a chilling portrait of a Sicilian family's rise and near fall from power in America, and the passage of rites from a father to a son who was previously uninvolved in the business.

Godfather Part II: (1974)
The Godfather Part II is one of the rare breed of cinematic sequels which is as good as, and perhaps better than, the original. Al Pacino heads the star cast as Michael Corleone, heir to the criminal empire established by his Mafioso father, the late Don Corleone.

Michael is now in charge of all gambling activities in Nevada, making certain that any and all political or mob enemies are quickly bought off, compromised, or disposed of. Throughout the film, Michael's travails are paralleled with the early experiences of his father, played in flashbacks by Robert DeNiro.

The Godfather III: (1990)
In the final instalment of the Godfather Trilogy, an aging Don Michael Corleone seeks to legitimise his crime family's interests and remove himself from the violent underworld.

Now in his sixties, Michael is dominated by two passions: freeing his family from crime, and finding a suitable successor. That successor could be fiery Vincent (Andy Garcia)... but he may also be the spark that turns Michael's hopes of business legitimacy into an inferno of mob violence.

A

Anonymous

Looks like a deal and a half. I've never watched any of them. I wonder how good they will look on blu-ray.

A

Anonymous

http://www.play.com/DVD/Blu-ray/4-/6193688/The-Godfather-Trilogy-The-Coppola-Restoration/Product.html

pete321

Aug 20, 2008
Visit site
Andy Clough:Mmm, given that I've just finished watching all the re-mastered Bond films on Blu-ray (fabulous, BTW), this could be next on my list.

I found it the reverse of the remastered bond films of the same era, picture quality not as good, but better sound.

A

Anonymous

Everyone who has just purchased this might be worth checking if Godfather 2 is ok. Mine freezes at 1:41.32 as do plenty of other people's. Supposed to be a dodgy batch
emotion-45.gif

A

Anonymous

I got my box yesterday. The 1st thing I did was to check Godfather 2 from 1:27 and luckily there was no freeze at the 1:41.32 point. I did not finish the movie, but did wated pass 2:00.00.

milesc

May 3, 2008
Visit site
I got my box yesterday and it did freeze at 1:41.32! So thanks for the heads up, as i would not have watched the second film straight away.

A

Anonymous

ok

MINE FREEZES too, at the exact point stated.

What have you all done? If it is a bad batch, will play take it back opened? Are they aware of this? Have you retured just one disc?!

Any advice here.........?????

Cheers

(I'll be emailing play but just wanted the heads up from others so I can add it to my email).

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
I bought this a while back but had to send it back to Amazon as Part 2 didn't play at all on either my PS3 or Sony BD players. I recently got an email from Amazon notifying me of the fault referred to above of freezing at that point - you can check it from the serial or barcode number as I remember. If you need more details, I can post them tomorrow when I have access to my work email.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
This is the info from Amazon if anyone needs it:

"Possible affected units can be identified by the catalogue reference BSP2032 appearing on the spine of the outer slipcase holding all four discs, coupled with the barcode reference 5 051368 203232 appearing on the underside of the outer slipcase ... If you have experienced the symptoms described above when trying to playback "The Godfather Part 2" Blu-ray disc from this specific boxed set, please contact Rebecca.Sparrow@Technicolor.com who will provide you with details of how to return the faulty disc 2 and receive a free replacement disc."

A

Anonymous

Cheers.....

BUT

Is Becky Sparrow a direct contact (UK distributer) or someone via the amazon site (3rd party seller)?

i.e. is this a UK contact for anyone, or should I go via play.com??

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Can't say for sure - the email address (Technicolor.com) suggests she's not associated with Amazon. I know Play are a bit of a pain to contact (main reason why I mostly use Amazon now) so might be easier just to email her, let her know you bought through Play and see what she says.

A

Anonymous

SAP7:Cheers.....

BUT

Is Becky Sparrow a direct contact (UK distributer) or someone via the amazon site (3rd party seller)?

i.e. is this a UK contact for anyone, or should I go via play.com??

I've returned mine to Play and asked for a replacement that is not faulty. They state on their website that they will refund postage costs if it is their fault. I believe it is!

milesc

May 3, 2008
Visit site
I too sent mine back to Play. Bit harder than sending stuff back to Amazon isn't it?! (Amazon provide a posting label with the postage already on it- if i recall). Will make me more likely to buy from Amazon in the future.

A

Anonymous

email tonight:

"Thank you for your email in relation to 'The Godfather Trilogy [Blu-ray] [1972], ASIN: B001E25MBK, purchased via Amazon.

I am waiting for a FREEPOST address for you to return the 'The Godfather Part 2" disc whereupon I will issue to you a replacement disc.

I expect to have this within the next 8 days so you should expect a further email then and replacement product within 10 days.

Please accept my apologies for this issue and thank you for your patience.

Rebecca"

Sorted! play.com haven't even asknowledged my fault report yet. I did tell Ms Sparrow mine were from play, but this email is clearly just going to everyone!

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
got mine today from hmv and has same batch and barcode details but just put in to my sony 760 and didn't stop at the point mentioned above on disc 2 although i skipped to it then watched 30secs before that time and had no issues

is this a player specific fault or have some discs already been swapped out by the manufacturer?

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Got my replacement set today from the Play offer - same barcode etc. details, but no issues with this one. Just tested it on my Sony 550 and PS3 and plays fine so it's definitely only some of the discs in this batch which are faulty.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts