The End of A Long DIY Journey

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
After 18 months of DIY which including gutting a lower ground floor room, replacing windows, laying cabling, new wiring, dry wall lining, decorating, the kit finally went in. The kit is made up of existing hifi, clearance specials, ebay etc, in fact nothing at full price or near. The role call is as follows:
  • DVD - Marantz DV9600
  • Amplifiers - Arcam FMJ A22 with DAVE DTS/Dolby Digital processor, Arcam FMJ P25 3 channel power amp
  • Projector - Ceiling mounted Optoma H79
  • Cables - Oehlbach 15m HDMI with Ultralink Repeater, Oehlbach 10m Sub connect, QED Anniversary Bi-Wire
  • Speakers - B&W P4s (front), HTM7 (centre), Cyrus CLS50 (rears), MJ Acoustics (sub)
  • Cabinet from Ikea
  • Vogels Projector and Speaker Brackets
  • Belkin mains filters on both spur circuits (projector/sub and DVD/amps).
The colour was chosen to match a local cinema where I live just outside Paris.

DSC00162.jpg

DSC00160.jpg

DSC00190.jpg

DSC00197.jpg

A

Anonymous

Not sure what you mean by a direct link, but projector connection to the DVD is via a 15m Oehlback HDMI cable, via an Ultralink HDMI repeater, finished off with an Acoustic Research HDMI to DVI-D lead. The cable run through the floor, rear walls and ceiling. All other cables (speaker and sub) are run behind skirting boards and inside stud walls. Room as two separate mains spurs going directly to consumer unit. Each spur has mains spike and noise suppression curtesy of Russ Andrews.

15m of HDMI was actually too much but there was no intermediate as 12m was too short. So I have about 2m coiled up and gathering RFI behind the rack. However, the repeater does its job very well at up to 1080i.

A

Anonymous

Well spotted, it is ideal and at 200 quid, it will not break the bank.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="avenuedubac"]
Not sure what you mean by a direct link

[/quote]

As Andrew posted, (thanks!), I just meant a link to the website.

To the side of the 3 drawers, do the cupboards open in the same way? If you could post a pic' with all the doors open that would be much appreciated.

A

Anonymous

The drawers slide out on runners. I use one for recently played stuff and the other holds the main filtering stuff. Get yourself down to Ikea and test drive it.

A

Anonymous

Nice, really nice - pretty much what I intend to do with my system when we build our new house.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts