The cost of blu-ray!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

have to agree with 2cool also i have spent almost 7000 pounds so far on my homecinema and still havent got that darn projector ...only due to recession and new family member(a little boy) but still feel blu rays should be cheaper so thats the bottom line.

A

Anonymous

if i could get a sony BDP-S360 at 100pound i wouldn't post this now and just go buy it! (too bad blu-ray starts at 230 pounds here).

A

Anonymous

you can get the sony bdp s360 from richersounds today @ 104.95 pounds seen it on ebay used one for 70 pounds was only 3 months old so still under warranty

2cool

Sep 4, 2008
Visit site
Well i think bd has taken off its had a difficult time, first seeing off hd dvd then competing with the price of dvd and now 3d is on its way. But and this is a big but its the best of both worlds a step up from dvd but not as costly as 3d which will be played on a blu ray player and what you will find is that to stop people buying dvd is to not bring out new movies in dvd format and only in blu ray. wb can do this along with others new line etc any time they want and they will the same as vhs.

A

Anonymous

or the panasonic dmpbd35 with multi region dvd for only 99.95 bargain now

though i prefer the sony for an extra 5 pounds

A

Anonymous

Not every one has spent thousands on AV gear. I have a 32" Toshiba tv (£550 from JL), LG BD370 (again from JL but was a gift so cost nothing). A Sony stereo amp (E-bay, £45) and a pair of Mission 700 speakers (E-bay, £23).

With this gear I'm hardly going to be wasting money on expensive cables.

BD may have taken off among videophiles but not with the general pop'. You only have to take a look in your local supermarket to see proof of this. My local Tesco has hundreds of dvd titles but only about 30 BD ones. If a dvd is only a few quid then you may well pick one up while doing the grocery shopping but not a BD at £18

A

Anonymous

Blu-ray does seem to be coming down in price, but as with DVD really it's expensive collecting discs you only watch once.

I'd just rent them, especially because the dvd rental companies don't differentiate between standard dvds and blu-ray versions, so you can rent blu-ray for the same cost as renting standard dvds - online anyway, not sure about high street rental shops I guess they're likely to be more.

There is an article here on blu ray rental if anyone's interested http://www.choosedvdrental.co.uk/dvd-rental-guide/articles/which-dvd-rental-sites-offer-blu-ray-rental.html - it's counted the number of blu-ray titles available.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts